S5 automatically backup "*.txt" file to cloud?
md_berger

On Galexy S5 how do I  automatically backup "*.txt" files to cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S5 automatically backup "*.txt" file to cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Md_berger, backing up and saving your information is very critical. We're here to offer you some guidance. When you do a Verizon Cloud backup the .txt files should save when with the documents you backup. Do you see documents on the Cloud backup list?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
md_berger

The answer appears to be incorrect.  I have "Documents"  checked in the "What to backup" list. I have two *.txt files on my phone. There have been numerous backup runs. I cannot see the *.txt files on the cloud.

To see my files on the phone I go to:

My Files -> Device storage -> Android -> data -> notes (a directory I created)

and the *.txt files are there.

Additional advice would be much appreciated.

Mike.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes, that was an incorrect answer, Verizon cloud will back up documents with PDF, PPT, PPTX, DOC, DOCX, XLS and XLSX, but not TXT

0 Likes
md_berger

It seems then that the Verizon Cloud app does not meet my requirements. Can someone recommend

a cloud app for Galaxy S5 that will automatically back up everything that is backed up by the Verizon

cloud app PLUS files with arbitrary suffixes that I can specify?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google Drive or OneDrive are the ones that come to my mind. I don't know if they have the feature you are looking for though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes