S5 update to 5.0 reset phone 1st
WalkGoodPhil
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two nights ago my Galaxy S5 started getting a system update, at 830pm. I really did not WANT it to update right then bc I was out of house about to start playing in my volleyball league. Couldn't be reached in emergency.

I didn't know how to cancel it, wouldn't stop with bottom right exit key, so I just let it continue. Well, the "update" was reseting the phone to factory conditions. Back to version 4.4.2? Lost all my apps texts contacts. Lost Pics NOT on SD card.

Then I saw there were two more updates saying it was prepping for version 5.0 upgrade.

Verizon tech support guided me to restore everything (from cloud?) except some pics.  And no apps.  Had to manually get all those back. Oh, and any ringtone assigned to specific callers did not get set. So all callers have same ringtone. And all other settings are factory defaults.

BTW I hate the orange color of the the messaging app.  Yuck.

While YES, I have version 5.0 it sukked getting this update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S5 update to 5.0 reset phone 1st
Snn5
Legend

Join the crowd.  All sorts of reports on this update and its issues, some of which are related to its aesthetics.

0 Likes
IHATEVERIZON27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its is much harder on the eye.  I swear they dumbed it down and made it less user friendly for tech savvy people.  It's a nightmare...

>> Profanity removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think with these issues coming out so frequent it might be a Good thing for Companies Like Google to take a few steps back correct the issues then maybe go forward... but I guess that hurts progress so how it goes