SAFETY PHONE GETS HOT
clywelch

Have anyone else had a problem with the V20 LG phone getting hot?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SAFETY PHONE GETS HOT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@clywelch

It’s crucial that your LG V20 device is maintaining a normal temperature and working properly. Please allow me to assist.

Please share with me details about what you’re experiencing with your LG V20 getting hot. When did this problem begin? Is the device plugged into a charger when this is happening?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
clywelch

I noticed it happening about a week or so after I got the phone. Once it got so hot it scorched the inside of my handbag lining. I can use it more than 15 minutes continuously. The battery drains down and the phone heats up. It literally will burn my hand after 30 minutes. I have been  asking to send it back as defective since the first week I got it. It wouldn't connect to any International towers. About  two weeks ago it completely died, then after about a day it came back on, but all data and applications were gone and needed to be reloaded.

At best all this company has offered to do is send me the same device again and expect a different result. Look I spent hours that equate to days with all level of tech support and they could not fix it. I am tired of this merry go round. I am not sure after 4 months what I have to do to get these folks to understand the device is defective, literally a piece of [removed] . I guess they are waiting for it to explod before they give me another device. I WILL NEVER take another V20!!!!!!!' I filed reports with the FCC and like regulatory agencies, so please don't contact me again about technology's cal support for this piece of [removed] . Just send me another type phone. I am willing to pay any difference in device type.

But now, I'm paying for a phone I can really use.

[removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@clywelch

I can definitely understand your frustrations with the having a device that’s not working properly. I want to ensure we do everything we can to resolve this device issue for you.

In order to resolve this device heating issue, we need to complete some necessary troubleshooting steps. You mentioned speaking with technical support regarding this issue. What troubleshooting steps have you already completed?

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To get a different type of phone you will have to fulfill the agreement you signed when you purchased this one. If that was a DPP then you will have to pay the balance of the device.

I must point out that your problem is with LG. They make the phone not Verizon. Verizon has no obligation to replace your device. They only send warranty replacements as a courtesy but  they do so under the original factory warranty which comes from LG. All other carriers make you go to a third party for support.

Find the number for LG here LG Telephone | LG U.S.A

0 Likes