SMS messages coming with +420 added
djlefsrud

I have a OnePlus 9 Pro. I use the native 'Messages' app for SMS and MMS messages. The country code "+420" has begun to be added to some incoming messages from existing local contacts. The phone number is correct but because of the country code the contact is no longer linked to the message. This is happening in group texts and in the middle of active threads.

0 Likes
Re: SMS messages coming with +420 added
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@djlefsrud ,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the community forums. There's definitely a lot to uncover here, so let's check that out. The code 420 would be the Czech Republic, and only used when dialing a number from there. Is this happening with specific phone numbers, or random? Do you have the person's phone number saved to your phone as a Contact when this happens? If so, is their contact number saved to your phone also showing this 420 addition?

-Russell

0 Likes
djlefsrud

Russell, thanks for responding. It has happened now to three different numbers that don't seem to have any relationship to one another. It is happening to existing contacts in my contact list. The 420 does not show up in the contact information so because 420 has been added the text appears to be from an unknown number. In each case it has happened during an active conversation. In one case, it happened to a contact in a group text, with the other numbers remaining normal and only one appearing to be an unknown person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these additional details, djlefsrud. When did this begin? Have you made any recent changes to your phone? Have you also checked to see if there are any pending updates for your phone? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
djlefsrud

It started about 3 weeks ago. No changes to my phone at that time. I received the OTA update to Android 13 about 2 weeks ago. All the apps on my phone auto update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look into this with you. Please send us a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes