SMS won't open Links. How do you fix this?
kjc442
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few days ago my Messages app won't open any links, goes to an interim 'browser' that wont load, and you have to choose MORE to open in browser.  Where did this come from and how do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS won't open Links. How do you fix this?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Try closing all the apps and restating the device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjc442-

I know how important it is to be able to open links associated with text messages. You mentioned that this happened a few days ago, did you make any changes to your device (new software, apps, etc)? What make/model phone are you using?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the Verizon Messages+ app?  Check your settings, three horizontal bars top left of the screen, then settings from that menu, then scroll down to Advanced, and check to see if Enable Weblink Preview is checked.  If it is unchecked, then check it, and see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
kjc442
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried to work with customer care on this and had to reset my phone, and it has the same issue. it opens into its own "app" and then will not open the actual link.  I have to choose MORE then open in Browser, instead of it going to the browser.  This is a horrible 'feature' update.

kjc442
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done all of that and a reset and there is still an issue.

0 Likes
kjc442
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a gs7edge and even after the reset i still have the problem, and now my messenger doesn't want to send pictures to groups anymore! >:\

0 Likes
kjc442
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the stock app, not the messenger+ because it doesn't carry the same features and functionality

0 Likes