SO...Verizon Remote Diagnostics no longer needs your permission?
Snn5
Legend

Oh, they can remotely view your phone, it's apps, settings, etc whenever.

I am on a chat with them right now and all of a sudden the rep comes back telling me that I had too many media files on my phone which made it slow saying, "I was able to look over your internal phone storage. The device storage is close to full which is causing the device to  operate slower than normal. The RAM On the device looks okay and is not impacting the device. To help operate the device and allow it to run faster, this would be freeing up space by removing some third party applications, pictures, music, video, call logs, text etc."

Oh yeah, they can get into it anytime they want.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SO...Verizon Remote Diagnostics no longer needs your permission?
FormerMarine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow.  Big Brother is everywhere.

0 Likes
WesleyK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which phone do you have? Actually, I'd really like to know if this is an app that you installed?

I'm looking through my Kyocera Brigadier running KitKat 4.4.2 and I don't see anything by that name or close to that name. If this is something they have installed in the phone's ROM then I maybe rooting the phone will have to be considered?

I don't mind them connecting to my phone if I install an app that gives them permission but only if I installed it and gave them that permission. I think I have a reasonable expectation of privacy regarding the data on my phone. I have a couple of health records in my Documents folder that I hope are covered under the Federal HIPPA laws.

I started reading up on it when I saw the OP but I have nothing concrete. I believe Verizon would be considered an unauthorized 3rd party in regards to my PHI (Protected Health Information).

--Wesley

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG G2. Its typical bloatware.  Came from verizon on phone. Cannot uninstall.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

No they can remote diag. On android as long as you have data connection. I phone's will get a text and you have to read a code for the diagnosis. No remote wipe

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not anymore they can't.  Not on mine anyway.

0 Likes