Samsung 6 and 8
jlmatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started having echo problems in my galaxy 6 so I bought  new one. Galaxy 8.  Having same problem. I hear myself talking like an echo. .other person does not hear it. Very loud in my ear. I tried different ideas I researched. Spent all this money for new one thinking it would help NO. Appreciate any ideas.

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung 6 and 8
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have the Talk Back app? From what I have read this app could be causing the problem.

0 Likes
jlmatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says turned off in settings.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you go into the application manager under settings up in the right hand side you will see 3 dots tap that and have it show system apps. Then go down and disable the app. At least this is one app that you can do this to. There maybe something with this app that runs in the background since it is a system app.

0 Likes
jlmatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you hope it works. So much money for all these problems

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I hear you about the money. By the way besides this problem you are having how do you like the S8? Does it have the update to Oreo? Does the phone seem to be faster over all from the S6?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlmatt, echo problems are quite a concern and something else might be getting in the way as this seems like a lingering issue. I never want you to feel like you're spending money just to run into the same issue. Do you experience this issue intermittently or does it impact all calls? Where do you notice this echo on calls? (Home, work

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlmatt, please reference the link below to ensure that Advanced Calling is enabled within your settings. Please keep us posted on any changes. http://spr.ly/6589DkdoS

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlmatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is intermittent. Happens everywhere. My advanced calling is on.

Exactly same problem on both 6 and now the replacement I guess I didn’t need.

I can’t hear other person when it happens. I move to different location in house or go outside. Happens inside and out.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the portrait of how and where this happens,   jlmatt. If you have  Wi-Fi access at home, is Wi-Fi calling enabled? If not, then share your echo results when it’s on.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211118/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes