Samsung A50 Bluetooth issues
bowenar1650

Bluetooth connectivity issues with my new A50.   At least 50 percent of the time, I have to restart my phone to connect with already/previously paired devices - speakers, auto, headphones, etc..  As soon as I restart my phone, it connects immediately ...  ???

thank you

0 Likes
Re: Samsung A50 Bluetooth issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have your device set up exactly as you see fit, Bowenar1650. I would like to help find a lasting solution so you can use Bluetooth as it was intended. When did this issue begin? Have there been any recent or available software updates for your device? Does your device list the connections when it is within range?

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
zbalat

Ever since I purchased this device paired BT devices disconnect randomly. The only fix for me is a device restart. I have tried everything sans a factory data reset but nothing has worked. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is imperative for your device to work correctly, zbalat. I use Bluetooth when I'm out and about and also when I'm driving so I know the important role it plays in today's tech world. Just to be sure, does your phone have the Wi-Fi setting ON or OFF when this issue happens? Is there a particular reason why you haven't tried the Factory Data Reset? 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
zbalat

It happens when wifi is on and when wifi is off (I turn wifi off at work).

There is clearly a connection problem with this phone (see Samsung forums). My devices do not unpair, they just disconnect randomly and it is very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zbalat, thank you for your time in providing these details. you mentioned that this is a known connection problem noted in Samsungs forums. Regrettably, we don't have these same reports on our end.  Have you attempted to work with Samsung directly to understand the next best steps? Also, does this issue with the Bluetooth devices happen when your phone battery is low or in saver mode? TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
ericrepec
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  For the most part, I notice it when the Bluetooth connections need to pick back up after an established connection.  IE: when I get in my car, or when I walk away from my headset and come back into range again.  Also, it seems that once the connection is lost no devices can connect, like my watch etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get to the bottom of this Bluetooth issue.  When did this first start?  To clarify, does this happen to your Bluetooth connection with all devices (car, headsets, etc.)?  Has your phone been wet or damaged at all?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
bamonmi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with connecting with my car.  It is very frustrating.   Happens almost every day!

ericrepec
Enthusiast - Level 2

No damage or wet, this is a new phone.  I deleted all of my saved Bluetooth settings and recreated them with no success.  I have a lot of data on my phone, as it was migrated from a Samsung s 8+ I can't do a factory reset/restore and lose this data.

Eric

0 Likes