Samsung Continuum Issues - Picture messages NOT displaying embedded images + Android 2.2?
gk438

I recently purchased the samsung continuum a few months ago and have had a difficult time with the following two issues:

The phone is NOT rooted.

(1) Picture Messages are not displaying as embedded images in my message notifications. All i see is "Message Size and the word downloading.  The picture is only 10K, so it should download relatively fast.  The image does not appear in my gallery either.  Please help?  Where is the image and why can't i see it in my message.According to the notes in SCH-I400.DL17, this issue should have been resolved.     

(2) How come the Contiuum has not received an update to Android 2.2?  The Fascinate and Continuum were both released at the same time and the Fascinate received the update.

Here is my phone specs:

Phone information:    

Hardware version:  i400.0.6 

Firmware version:  2.1-update1 

Baseband version:  S:i400.0.6V.DL17 

Kernel version 2.6.29 

Build number:  SCH-I400.DL17    

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Continuum Issues - Picture messages NOT displaying embedded images + Android 2.2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have the 3G data connection active and the wifi off when you are trying to download the pictures in the MMS message? I know that in the only way my phone will download attachments in MMS message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Continuum Issues - Picture messages NOT displaying embedded images + Android 2.2?
WynnContinuum

I don't understand how the Fascinate has Android 2.2, but is discontinued and the Continuum is still being sold new. What is up with that Verizon? I like the Continuum but would like to see it upgraded.  I still have over a year till I can get a new phone too. Very confusing.

Sorry I can't help you with the picture messages as I don't have a solution.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have the 3G data connection active and the wifi off when you are trying to download the pictures in the MMS message? I know that in the only way my phone will download attachments in MMS message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Triplescrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just curious, why is this thread marked as solved?

You can't hide the fact that you screwed over Continuum owners with the lack of a 2.2 update forever Verizon...

0 Likes