Samsung Galaxy 4 and Amazon Prime videos
lrando2

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy 4 and want to watch videos from Amazon Prime.  In doing some research, I see where I need Adobe Flash player 11 to do this? Is this right?? But if I try to download it, it tells me that my phone does not support Adobe flash player. Ideas? I would really like to be able to use the Amazon Prime free videos on my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy 4 and Amazon Prime videos
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Adobe dropped support of Flash player for mobile devices a while back.  If you have an older phone with Flash, you can copy the application APK file from it to the new phone and sideload it.  Otherwise there have been instructions posted elsewhere on this community and other website to find and download an archive copy of the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lrando2

Ok...I found one of the websites and went through the steps to download an archived copy of flash player for android. Download appeared to go well. But when I try to watch an Amazon prime video, it still tells me flash is not on my device.  If I go to my applications page, it only has "flash player settings." But if I go to settings, applications and then pick all, it IS listed there. Help???

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I used a Dolphin Browser to get this to work....

0 Likes
lrando2

How would I go about doing this??? thanks.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Here is a youtube video link that will show you how to do this. Works with hulu plus and Amazon Instant Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaDBMW0BOY0

0 Likes
lrando2

Thanks...tried this. Doesn't work. After i download adobe flash, there is no icon on my phone in applications that notes I now have it on my phone. However if I go into "manage applications", it DOES appear there. BUT when I try to then go onto Amazon Prime and watch a video, I get the "this needs flash player...download now." If I hit the download button I get the "sorry this device doesn't support...." And I am right back where I started.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry worked on my phone but not the S4 I guess.

0 Likes
lrando2

No problem. I appreciate your help! I also have a Samsung Galaxy tab and guess what? Doesn't work on there either.  Seems kind of sucky that they make programs that don't work on each OS.

My new issue is my mms has stopped working. I can send text messages fine, but if I try to email a pic, no go. The wait a minute spinning just goes on and on and on.....

If I take it off Wifi, sometimes I can get it to work....

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah I see the new version disabled it out right. Smiley Sad

0 Likes