Samsung Galaxy A10e Unexpected Factory Reset - Can't Restore Google Backup
CSLoco

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e that has done a factory reset unexpectedly (without any user intervention).   Unfortunately, the last time this happened I was unable to restore my text and call history from my Google account.  Is there a way to manually do this? And has anyone else had their phone reset by itself?  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy A10e Unexpected Factory Reset - Can't Restore Google Backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account and device concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that your Samsung  Galaxy A110e unexpectedly completed a factory reset. That's very unusual and we apologize for your inconvenience. 

Cloud services will help ensure that your backed up stored data (e.g., contacts, pictures, videos, etc.) are safe and secure. Noting your reference about your Google account, are you using cloud services to backup your device's stored data? (e.g., Google's cloud option, Verizon cloud, etc.)

Have you experienced any other issues with your device? We'd like to help investigate. 

-Robert C.

0 Likes
CSLoco

Thanks for your reply!  Unfortunately, this isn't as rare as you'd think - my Father-in-law experienced the same issue with his Galaxy A10 as well, and I found several cases f people reporting this issue online.

Yes, I backup my device to my Google account.  I've been able to restore from this account in the past, but unfortunately, I've had problems restoring the backup after the latest unscheduled factory reset, which happened a couple of weeks ago.  Specifically, I can't restore my text or call history, which has been frustrating!  I can see the old back, but there's something wrong with it.  In addition, the backup is going to expire soon, so I hope I can find a resolution pronto!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So we can be on the same page, what exactly is expiring on your backup? What are you seeing wrong with it? What is happening when you try to restore from it?

-Christopher

0 Likes