Samsung Galaxy J7V issues
Fullbrained
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung Galaxy J7V has an up-to-date system as of 9-20-2018.  There are times people are trying to call me and nothing happens.  They do not hear my phone ring, voicemail doesn't come on, etc.  After several attempts the call may go thru, but when I answer I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me.  This happens repeatedly until I restart my phone.  After the restart the phone works.

I don't have anyone BLOCKED, AirPlane Mode is OFF, notifications are ON, Bluetooth and WiFi are ON.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy J7V issues
bearone21
Legend

what happens if you call yourself from another phone, same problem?

0 Likes
Fullbrained
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would imagine the same results.  I have tried calling several numbers and get nothing.  When I finally restart my phone, it works.  The people who were trying to call me say the same thing, " Your phone doesn't ring and there is no voicemail...just nothing happens". 

There was another system update last night so maybe that helped clear the problem.  I also turned off the  feature "direct call" wondering if that may affect my answering the phone.  Thanks for your input on this.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

until you try it, you can't say for sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal as a communications company is to make sure you can stay in touch at all times. I apologize that you have been having so much trouble with your calls lately. You mentioned that you turned off a "direct call feature",can you explain to me or walk me through how you turned this off? You said that you did another update, did that help the issue?

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fullbrained
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Direct Call Feature is under ADVANCED FEATURES.  I also turned off EASY MUTE which is also under Advanced Features.  I wanted to eliminate any of those features which I felt may contribute to the issue.

The UPDATE happened automatically the other day before.  I don't believe it helped.  The only way I can get my phone to call out and receive calls is to perform a RESTART.   After the restart the phone works fine for a time.

0 Likes
rachel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same problem on 2 Galaxy J7V's. Has someone found a fix yet. 1 of our phones is used for business and we're stuck with unreliable phones.

0 Likes
Devin317
Enthusiast - Level 1

These are the same problems I am having.  I dial out and there is no dial tone.. then when the call is answered and the timer starts I still hear nothing.  My friends have told me they have called and messaged me and I never get it.  

I even did a test with my landline and tried calling my Galaxy J7 2nd generation.  Depending on where I am at in the house, my phone will either ring and when I pick it up I hear nothing, Or it will go straight to voicemail, or finally and this is a BIG ONE... I will actually hear a message when I call my J7 that, "THIS NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE".

I honestly don't think its your phone, It's their service.  Just like you little things like moving around the house make all the difference in dropped calls.  Hell even sitting in the same spot and just switching my phone from ear to ear has caused problems yes really.

I wish I coulld help but this is my first prepaid smart phone, I'm looking for answers just like you.  Best of luck!

rachel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our 2 Samsung phones are not prepaid. We have spent hours and hours with Verizon representatives and gotten nowhere. Just when you think it may work it happens again. They want to try the same things over and over and keep asking about signal strength. I have had to tell them over and over it can happen with 3 bars or 5 bars. It is unfortunate Verizon is selling phones that don't work as phones especially when attempting to use their phones for business purposes. If they can't fix their problems they should replace with phones that work. I am getting to the point where my only recourse might be writing to our states Attorney General. Now we are stuck on a 2 year contract with problem phones or a problem server. Verizon certainly does not know which.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Devin317,

we completey understand that getting the assistance you need with your Prepaid services. For better assistance, please contact our Verizon Prepaid team at 888-294-6804 between the following hours:

Sun-Sat6:00AM - 11:00PM ET

Follow us on Twitter @Vzsupport

If my response answered your question, please click on the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can bennefit from our conversation. Thanks in advanced for your help with this! 

0 Likes