Samsung Galaxy Nexus not connecting to network
olivesboil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon,

My Samsung Galaxy Nexus is not connecting to the Verizon network.  I am unable to send/receive text/picture messages and phone calls.  When I attempt to send a text, I receive the error that the text was not able to be sent and it will attempt once there is a network connection.  With phone calls, I get a message that says "Mobile network not available."

I am able to connect to WiFi just fine.

This started happening on Friday (August 8th).

I have powered the phone off and on numerous times.

I have taken my sim card out and put it in while rebooting the phone.

Perhaps of note is that I flew out to Chicago on Thursday (I live on the east coast) but the phone was functioning fine when I arrived but lost network connection on Friday.  (No, the phone is not in airplane mode).

I was wondering if there is any more things I should try before I do a factory reset.  I am hesitant to go to a Verizon store because my phone has a crack on it but this crack has been on the phone for months, and is definitely not the cause of the phone acting this way, but I am sure that will lead to some sort of conclusion that I dropped the phone and obviously it would malfunction.  This is not the case, and the phone has had a case on it since the crack.

I appreciate any help/advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus not connecting to network
olivesboil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi VZW,

So I went to switch out my SIM card and no luck---must've been a hardware issue.  My galaxy nexus had survived through a lot of tough love but I think it was time for it to retire.  I picked up my new HTC one m8 yesterday and am loving it!  Got insurance this time around...

Over and out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried reseating the SIM card? Or got a new SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone olivesboil. I know its frustrating after a long flight but we are here to help. Ann154 had a great idea. Try replacing the SIM card. It may be damaged because of the crack and you may need a new one. You can stop by a corporate store or reach out to us to send you one.  Also make sure Global roaming is turned off Apps> Settings >More>Mobile Networks >Data Roaming (make sure no blue check mark is present). Also check the Network Settings Apps> Settings>MOre>Mobile Networks> Data Enabled> Preferred Network Type (Make sure it is on Lte). Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
olivesboil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi KinquanaH_VZW,

I apologize for my initial message sounding a bit cranky.  It was frustrating, and I shouldn't take it out on VZW customer service.  In any case, I am going to Verizon today to get a new SIM card, as I am sure that's the issue.  Thanks so much for your response and I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Olivia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Olivesboil,

No worries!  I'm sure the SIM card will resolve the issue as well!  We're all here if you need us.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
olivesboil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi VZW,

So I went to switch out my SIM card and no luck---must've been a hardware issue.  My galaxy nexus had survived through a lot of tough love but I think it was time for it to retire.  I picked up my new HTC one m8 yesterday and am loving it!  Got insurance this time around...

Over and out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Olivesboil,

That is great news! I am sorry to hear that the other phone had to retire. I am happy that you were able to get a new phone though! Please let us know if you need any assistance with it! We are here to help.

StevenR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes