Samsung Galaxy Note/Asus Padfone
tmarshall08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sure this is already on the radar (at least I hope so).  However I would like to propose that Verizon bring on the addition of the Samsung Galaxy Note (Journal), as well as the Asus Padfone (plus accessories).  It is my opinion that Verizon currently has the best service, so why not have the absolute best phones to go along with that.  The only way other carriers can compete are through phone technology, so lets keep up with the technology.  I would like to stay with Verizon, however if the the technology is with other carriers, then I (as well as many others) will be forced to follow the technology.  Bring these phablets and padfones to Verizon.  What are your thoughts?

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note/Asus Padfone
JCRules
Enthusiast - Level 1

Amen, tmarshall08. Have been with VZW for years!  Been relatively satisfied with the carrier and still think that it is the best wireless carrier out there.  So why not grab the most evolutionary and revolutionary device, the Padfone?  Been waiting for this combo unit for a couple of years now.  I still do not own a tablet because I knew in my heart of hearts that somebody out there (ASUS now) will integrate all these mobile units into one.  Like tmarshall08, if another carrier beats VZW to it, I will definitely switch. C'mon ASUS and VZW, work something out SOON!  I am pulling pulling out my CC already.  I am tired of all the reviews, specs, hands-on, videos and Taiwan availability.  All I want to read is U.S. availability, when, price, US specs.  ASUS, please do not mess up your execution and development of the US production unit.  Full disclosure, I have not owned an ASUS device so I am a little leery about its quality and dependability.  Regardless, get this to our shores and to VZW!  Thanks.

pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I guess I can understand wanting a particular phone bad enough to jump carriers. It isn't something I'd do, but I can understand the feeling. To me, the only good reason to change carriers is if you find one with better coverage. If you can find better coverage without having to spend a lot more, the plan is as good as you're giving up and a phone you want, that's even better.

I like the looks and spec's of the Note, but I'm not sure about the size and would like to play with one before making up my mind. I can see how it would be useful in some jobs, but since I already carry around 2-3 pens, sticking a notebook in my pocket is a lot easier and cheaper. I don't have the need to send a hand written note, or drawing to someone else. My typing is much more legible, I can email any recordings I make and I can take a picture of about anything else I want to send by message, or email. I'm confident that Verizon will get their version of it in time and more than likely, other phones with better technology, but I'm sure not going back to AT&T just to get the Note. I moved to Verizon because in my area, AT&T is never going to catch up to, or equal the coverage Verizon has. They might if they buy Verizon, but I'm confident that even then they would find some way to louse up the good 4G LTE connection I have now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you could be waiting a long time for anything from ASUS to show up on any carrier. So far, they have a history of not being tied to any carriers that I know of and I like it like that. I have one of their laptops and I think they have very good technology and products that are very reasonably priced and they seem to be pretty good at updating their products in a fairly timely manner. They are a major force in driving down the price of tablets and they do fine producing and selling their computers and tablets on their own, as well as partnering with others like Google and Amazon. I can buy anything of theirs that has WiFi on it and tether it to my 4G LTE phone without having to pay for another data plan, or hot spot. Sure I can do the same thing by paying full price for a Galaxy tablet from a carrier, but I'd be paying about the same for it as I would the Transformer Prime, which in my opinion is superior and I can dock it to a keyboard. As far as the pad phone, I like the idea in some ways, but can see some drawbacks in other ways, so I've adopted a wait and see attitude on it.

Just my opinions and I've been wrong before.

JDWoodworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in the foot hills and Verizon is the only service that works well here.  I actually switched to Verizon because I love my Infinity Padpone and A.T.&T.  But then my husband could not ever get a hold of me so I switched back to Verizon and got a Samsung S tablet and a Samsung S4 mini smart phone.

There ok, but not anything like my Infinity PadPone.

I am still hoping Verizon gets it together and works something out with ASUS so I can enjoy my phone again.

It is amazing that the number one phone service provider is go behind in technology.

It is a shame they can't support my phone.  We have had Verizon Service for years, but I am not very happy with them for not supporting One of the finest Phone on the market.

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon actually has the largest line-up when it comes to devices.  They are also very selective of what devices they will support.  If there is an issue with the device that customer's aren't aware of, but it makes it risky to carry it I doubt Verizon would do it.  But people change their minds and policies often enough for that not to be the case at any point in time.

0 Likes
JDWoodworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

If there is an issue with the phone they should post it.  I used it with AT&T and had no problem except for service drops in areas where they did not provide service.

Verizon does have a large selection of devices,  but not always the latest and the greatest. It's probably a legal issue because Verizon likes their name on their phones would not say "ASUS" instead.

Its just a guess.  I don't know for sure and I am sill hoping for acceptance of the Infinity PadPone in the near future.

0 Likes