Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 8.0
Cadsouth

Can the Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab be used as your cellphone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab 8.0
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, a tablet line cannot be used as a cell phone line.  The tablet may be able to do phone calls, via Verizon messages (my Ellipsis 8 can do this) but the phone calls are routed through my primary cell phone line.  Verizon messages is linked and synced with the primary phone number (cell phone line). 

The tablet is assigned a phone number, but it is provisioned as a tablet and is not able to make and receive calls or texts as a standalone line; it has to be synced with the primary phone line.

0 Likes
Cadsouth

Can I sync my Moto X phone with my tablet to answer calls?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK-that's a different question!  Install Verizon Messages+ on both the phone and the tablet.  Set the tablet to use the MotoX phone number to sync.  A text will be sent to the MotoX to verify ... enter that code in the tablet.  If the tablet has the latet version of Messages +, you should have the capability to make phone calls with the tablet. 

It's working with my phone (Droid Turbo) and tablet (Ellipsis 8).

0 Likes
Cadsouth

Thanks SuzyQ. Relieved

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let us know if it works as expected.  Post back if you need more help!

0 Likes
Weaverbelievermom

If your tablet is linked/synched to your cell phone that participates in the Family Base Plan to shut off data at a certain level, should both devices not shut off automatically?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Weaverbelievermom,

Great question and we want to make sure you have all of the answers you need with regards to Family Base. The only way to stop the usage on both devices would be if both have their own seperate limitations set via Family Base online. Just to clarify, do you have the tablet connected via hotspot or is it added to your account where you pay a monthly fee and share the data?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes