Samsung Galaxy S3
mpkrauss8189
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have the s3 and I know that the update that recently went out supposedly messed up alotta shit with it but I just got the new update today .... and I updated it and if anything its ten times worse!!  ... I waited 45 MINUTES for a text to send .. which btw never sent, and had no 4G data connection, only 3G, is anyone else out there have any bright ideas on how to fix this?? I called Verizon themselves and they want me to dish out $249.99 to get the network extender, which I think is absolute garbage. If anyone has any ideas please let me know here are the facts

I live next a main freeway so Verizon said I should have full service

My roommates have Verizon as well and none of them have any problem with their phones they have full 4g bars

the highest signal I get bounces back an forth between 1 and 2 bars

and I can send texts but only if I reset my phone at LEAST 6 times

I've pulled out the SIM card and battery and tried to reset the location and

Verizon has set me a new SIM card and phone neither of which worked

so seriously at my wits end right now please help!!!!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3
B33
Legend

Lets go with this How was the S3  Prior to Update that you Done was it better was it worse and if you can remember how did it perform out side of the Building you live in)  Building's tend to not play nice for some phones and the Samsung's are noted for not having a strong receiver as like in the Motorola's) I'm not knocking them as being totally bad but there Receiver could use a little help..

As for Sim Cards they are very sensitive to 2 things we have in Us:  1. is the Static Electricity   2. Is the Oils that are in our Fingers). We need it to help us Motivate.. but when our fingers come in Contact with the Gold Area of the Sim it can just about Render it useless). It's good thing to remember the Sim Card is the Key to the phone getting the 4G signal and other important stuff with your account & plan..

Since your having the issue with the 4G One thing you could ask for is another Sim Card there electrical and even the brand new ones can go bad i'v had mine installed in my 2 Maxx's for just over a Year & once i Installed them i have yet to Remove them. Knock on wood..

Give what i mention a thought and you might Try a System Cache Clear Followed by a Factory Reset doing one Won't hurt it any more than what it is already doing. Actually it might just help the phone..

Good Luck  b33 Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Lets go with this How was the S3  Prior to Update that you Done was it better was it worse and if you can remember how did it perform out side of the Building you live in)  Building's tend to not play nice for some phones and the Samsung's are noted for not having a strong receiver as like in the Motorola's) I'm not knocking them as being totally bad but there Receiver could use a little help..

As for Sim Cards they are very sensitive to 2 things we have in Us:  1. is the Static Electricity   2. Is the Oils that are in our Fingers). We need it to help us Motivate.. but when our fingers come in Contact with the Gold Area of the Sim it can just about Render it useless). It's good thing to remember the Sim Card is the Key to the phone getting the 4G signal and other important stuff with your account & plan..

Since your having the issue with the 4G One thing you could ask for is another Sim Card there electrical and even the brand new ones can go bad i'v had mine installed in my 2 Maxx's for just over a Year & once i Installed them i have yet to Remove them. Knock on wood..

Give what i mention a thought and you might Try a System Cache Clear Followed by a Factory Reset doing one Won't hurt it any more than what it is already doing. Actually it might just help the phone..

Good Luck  b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jillerspilotcar

I lost all data connections and I went to the store to get it fixed and the 'tech' rebooted then said I had to factory reset. He looked at a few things on my phone then said yep looks like it"s backed up recently and all the other stuff like my apps will all be on Google. Oh...ok. NOT! Lost all history, texts, and omg all my calendar entries which I use for my business. But what really chaps my a** is that Verizon is aware that this problem exists and is an ongoing issue. Instead of telling me that they are aware of the issue and as of then they had no fix, he did the factory reboot, Then said I could spend $100 and be with out my phone until the Insurance I pay for can send me a ??? what ever model they have in stock. (this is my only phone it's how I get jobs as a pilot car driver) or I could spend $1.08 and buy an ellipsis jetpack and have internet where ever. And he went on to say that by looking at my data history I would not have a problem with going over as I had never gone over 1 gig of data ever in any month. ARRRGH I used over my 2.5 gigs in one day. I have no idea how. I will be back at that store tomorrow and I will say I love 2 things. 1, ice cream & 2. kicking ass when people try to jerk me around. Oh Yeah I'm all out of ice cream! 

In the meantime I did some searching and tried a few things and as of this minute by changing the APN to VZWINTERNET the icon is BACK!!! I reset the network several times and tried to force it to find a LTE NETWORK and nada. So I searched and found a gal that entered it manually and whallah! I hope it stays but pfew! 6 hours of troubleshooting and restarting.

0 Likes