Samsung Galaxy S4 SD Card Issue
Chaos85

This problem has been going on for some time now, and I'm curious as to what Verizon is doing to help remedy it.  What's the issue, you ask?  On Samsung Galaxy S4s, you suddenly receive a "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" error message.  You don't have to be doing anything with the SD card, or even using the phone for that matter, the error just pops up and you now begin a painful process of trying to use your external storage and recovering your files before the card is finally rendered unusable.

Now, normally I would attest this to the SD card just up and failing, however after having this happen with two SD cards on the same phone I have to suspect that something else is causing this.  A simple internet search will reveal that this is not a carrier specific issue, however I would think that all of the carriers would like to see a fix to this issue.  So I ask this to you, Verizon - What is being done or has been done from your end to pinpoint the cause to this problem?

I've already had to fight once to recover all of my photos from one SD card (which I was luckily able to do after my computer was finally able to read the card for a split second) and with the Android 4.4.2 update my second SD card was rendered unusable by this problem.  Again, I was able to recover the data on the card for all of two seconds when I was able to get my computer to read it, but I'm starting to get really annoyed with this recovery process as it seems that only pure luck will make the attempt a success or failure.  Now, please note here, the problem I'm having isn't corrupted data but a complete inability for the OS to read the card.  When I somehow manage to get the card to read, chkdsk shows no corruption or file system errors.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 SD Card Issue
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

I don't have anything to offer, but I just had the same thing happen.  SD card killed, everything on it lost.  All I can say is, I'm totally done with Samsung because there is no way they can be trusted.  I lost precious stuff.  Yeah, some of the older stuff on the card was backed up, but the most recent stuff was not yet taken care of.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 SD Card Issue
ttb2003

Similar issue. All of a sudden my SD card was saying there was nothing on it. Thank god for the free cloud backup storage from Verizon. So I ordered another 32 Gb Micro SD card. It worked temporarily, then all of a sudden, same issue, the card is not recognized. I put in a 16 Gb card and it works fine. So I put the (2) 32 Gb SD cards into my old Droid Bionic phone, and they are both recognized, and seem to work phone. So what is it with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the 32 GB Micro SD cards? 

0 Likes