Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon will NOT bill to account
gilbertguy

So I called to preorder the S4 and verizon said they can not bill to the account because this phone is an "icon" phone. I would need to pay the full price upfront! I can get the phone cheaper once its released elsewhere I was only interested in doing it through them because I could pay it off in a month. Its sad that a company this large doesn't make better decisions for customer service for current customers. Oh well verizon thanks but I will buy it elsewhere!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon will NOT bill to account
Spiral
Master - Level 1

I think it is a good policy.  At least better than giving a $650 loan to someone who apparently can't pay it back.

ltolman1
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I asked too; they said any item above $450 dollars cannot be billed to an acct.  So if there was another phone for less than 450 that should be able to be billed Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon will NOT bill to account
gilbertguy

I understand the loan comment but for someone who has been with them for 7 years and always had new phones charged to my account and never payed late it should be considered. I asked if I could pay half and have the rest charged but again the answer was no.

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

I actually asked about this and it happened the same way with some of the other premier devics like the Iphone 4s and 5, the GSIII. The phones considered "iconic" cannot be billed to your account as a fraud protection feature in order to protect verizon from losing out if somebody doesn't pay your bill and us the consumer from having somebody bill this stuff to our account and getting slammed with fraud crap...kind of frustrating but it does make sense.

0 Likes
MrPerphekt

They won't allow you to bill the Full Price of the phone to your account but they will let you bill the subsidized $249.99 to your account.  Also, they have different account limits for different people based on past payment history and credit worthiness. I have had numerous iPhones billed to my account even though those are "icon" phones as well.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MrPerphekt wrote:

They won't allow you to bill the Full Price of the phone to your account but they will let you bill the subsidized $249.99 to your account.  Also, they have different account limits for different people based on past payment history and credit worthiness. I have had numerous iPhones billed to my account even though those are "icon" phones as well.

I also agree that Bill to Account has never been denied to me for anything. They do set limits on how much you can float over that 30 day period, and they do check your credit report since I have seen this on my own at times. So its a decision to extend credit solely at the discretion of Verizon Wireless.

Best thing to do, if you say you will have the money in 30 days is to then buy it in 30 days. The phone will still be there then.

0 Likes