Samsung Galaxy S4 changes from 4G to 3G and sometimes won't connect to the internet
johnnyr787
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4. I have had it for almost 3 weeks now with no problems but it's just been giving me problems for the past 4 days or so. I checked the maps to see if my area was covered and it is I have been living in the same area same place for 3 years and have never had a problem with Verizon service until I got this phone was when it all started. I could take a walk to the store down the street and my network changes from 4G to 3G and sometimes it changes itself to 1X and when I try to go online to do something like a simple google search I get a network error telling me I am not connected to the internet even though I have the 3G lit up sometimes the 1X. I have not had any dropped calls but when I get this 1X my text messages do not get sent or go through until I have some bars of service.

What could be the problem? I already tried restarting my phone. I took out the battery and waited a few minutes and then restarted that did not fix the issue. I had my phone reset to factory settings and this did not fix the issue either. I called this morning to see if perhaps Verizon was doing some sort of service update to my area and was told that there are no service interruptions or updates for my area that they can see. I am officially stuck. I should also state that I have wifi in my apartment so when I go home my phone connects to the wifi just fine and I am able to use it to go online on my phone so I know it can't be a phone issue it must be something with the service but I am not sure. Help is appreciated thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes