Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpecora64

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try and resolve this issue. have we tried powering the device up in safe mode and see if this helps http://vz.to/1C5B38E ? Please also provide us with information on what is using up your battery since the last time your phone was fully charged. Apps>Settings>Battery and the percentage.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ryan_S_86
Enthusiast - Level 2

@JohnB_VZW

Yes sir. I tried the wiping cache first. Then hard reset on my phone my

wife's and my mother's. All three are experiencing cool down modes through

out the day. Extreme sluggish response times and raid battery draining. I

even tried using software repair tool. I believe this is a driver issue

within the update. It seems to be common in the forums as well.

On Feb 6, 2015 4:31 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

jpecora64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same WiFi issues in safe mode.

Since I have had WiFi off all day, I'm not sure this would be considered an "accurate" listing of battery usage, but:

Google Play services 3%; Cell Standby 3%; Android OS 3%; Exchange Services 2%; Android system 2%; Gmail 1%; Screen 1%....

I agree with Ryan.S.86, there may just be a drive issue with the update.

Markrm01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon tech support today and the tech said that she has had several other calls with the same issues. It would be worth calling them to report the problems so they know that there are many users who are experiencing the same problems and calling will help exalte a fix. 1-800-922-0204

oldsouth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Updated two days ago and nothing but problems.  Why in the world would a company push out crap like this to their users!  I wish I had never "updated"!  Updates are supposed to be better not worse.  This has made my S5 practically unusable.  Very difficult to get apps to update, they seem to hang; Very laggy performance, some apps take 5-10 seconds to open; Will not hold my voice mail pause and password; battery drains super fast; Wi-Fi disconnects and re-connects all the time. Verizon and Samsung, you threw this upon us, now fix it fast! I did wipe the cache as recommended but refuse to reset the dang phone.  It takes almost a day to get it back like I want it and all my apps logged in to.  I will buy a Motorola before I do that.  Samsung seems like it is bent on self destruction.  Poor sales and crappy software....... I wish I could stick this phone up their a..!

IHATEVERIZON27
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's phone having scratches in it or your catch all water damage stickers to pawn off paying for the phone to the customers.  If you would actually read these poaters comments you would clearly see its common issues. Since you didnt I go aheadand tell you it is the g*****n 5.0 update to lollipop. I love how you all always jump right to asking if a phone that is sold as water resistant - "water proof" by Samsung's own commercials. If the phone has water damage.  Verizon needs to make sure it works before they dump it on customers with no way of getting back to the phone's original state. 

I personally have never had more problems than with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5.  It's been factory reset 10+ times, it's been "home factory reset", it's been sent to Samsung in TX from MI for repair due to hardware issues, returned after 13 days. Powered on and within 15 minutes the same problem persisted. Sent back to TX for the 2nd time in 2 weeks to have its motherboard replaced athe 3 months old.  I've had countless other minor B.S. issues that Verizon'so ever pleasant and always wonderful store reps have no clue on how to resolve. It's been reflashed twice ( it came brand new out of the box in September '14)  rejected 2 Sim cards after a week of use and now this wonderful update.

IHATEVERIZON27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory rest wont fix it I've tried you get the headache of reseting but it stays with 5.0  it never gave an option it was automatic.

Layuth
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problems are absolutely related to the 5.0 update. My Galaxy S5 is only a few months old and these issues were not present before the update. Battery drainage and Wi-Fi connectivity problems are what I would classify as extremely severe.

After the update I have cleared the cache and done a factory reset and the problems still exist. Instead of trying to blame water damage, dirt damage, etc. please have your people look into the issues being reported by MANY customers and work on a fix, unless you really think that updating my phone to 5.0 somehow caused my phone to get wet and dirty.

govaflow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here man, with kit kat i only charged my phone once a day and today i have plugged it in 3 times. lollipop has been nothing but upsetting for me. the UI stutters , battery sucks , camera's video sound quality is horrible , phone gets hot , there are a lot of problems that i am not even going to cover. this phone was perfect until lollipop came please bring it to the way it was i liked having my phone on the entire day without worrying about it dying on me . thank you

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

What I believe is happening is they are using Verizon to be the first one to check and see how things are working. But sorry to hear it is a bad being the first company to see the update with all these problems. I hope they get it all worked out before they put it out on the note 4.