Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
oldsouth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize it stays with 5.0 but they say it works better afterwards.  I highly doubt it though.  I tried the Droid Turbo in the store today and like everything about the phone except received call quality.  Sounds kinda muffled compared with S5.  Really aggravating. 

cgeek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issues. Phone lags terribly. Gets super hot. Battery drains three times as fast. Fingers crossed for a quick fix!

JaylenGooley
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Android 5.0 update caused my phone's heart rate monitor to turn on anytime my screen is on, even when I put it on a table, I even preformed a FACTORY RESET and it's still doing it. Other than that I didn't have any problems. I would like screen pinning, guess mode, a flashlight in the notification panel, and double tap to wake as well.

afcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pretty much the same problems here with the Lollipop update.

1. Battery Life is TERRIBLE. I used to get through 18 hours of heavy usage and still have plenty of juice left. Now, after the update, I can actually watch the percentage go down while looking at the screen. My phone is practically dead after 5 hours.
  2. The Phone starts to heat up for no apparent reason. If I wanted a hand-warmer I could have bought one for a lot less than this is costing me.
  3. Phone runs much slower and with more lag between changing apps - very annoying!
  4. Phone rang today and it was so lagging it wouldn't swipe to open the phone app soon enough (5 rings) and the call went to voicemail.
  5. The stupidest, most annoying pop-up saying "The Battery is Fully Charged". I keep my phone plugged-in next to my bed with the Night Clock app running so I can have a nice, LED type clock display, except after the phone gets charged this stupid pop-up comes on which is so bright it practically lights the whole room and of course it wakes me up at 2:30 AM with its stupid brightness. There should be a way to disable this, but of course there is not.

Please fix these ASAP Verizon!!!

RedRam99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here battery life is awful. Never had this problem.. I have wiped, did a factory reset, turned off all the google services. Verizon... this sucks!!! I've bought another charger and cord now to keep at work. I'm down too 80% on my phone at work within 30 minutes of arriving at work and my phone is on my side.  I too have a bit of a heating issue not to the point of cool down or shut down but can tell. Verizon something isn't right here 

LollipopBad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problems as everyone else: battery drains, super hot/cool down mode, intolerably sluggish (including typing).  Phone is practically useless. 

New ones for the list:

-won't gain charge if being used with either/or wifi or GPS.

-native email app no longer syncs with certain versions of MSFT Activesync; therefore I can't get my corporate emails (workaround is use another app).   But also means calendar, contacts don't sync (so much for relying on the phone for this week's travel)

-video playback is terrible.

I spoke to VZ tech support and then went to store.  Their advice was wait for a patch.... 

IT IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE THAT VZ ALLOWED THIS UPDATE WITHOUT THOROUGH TESTING AND NO SUPPORT.

kappilot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I hadn't jumped onboard with this 5.0 TRAIN WRECK so quickly!

As soon as possible, I'll do a factory reset and revert to KitKat.

Snn5
Legend

You cannot revert.  Unless you do things that void your warranty.

oldsouth
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few new things I have discovered.  At first the phone would not connect to my computer.  The MTP driver would fail to load....It finally loaded today!  I have been looking at battery usage and Google Services was at the top of the list.  I disabled the GPS location reporting in that app and will see if it makes any difference.  Also disabled the GPS or location on several apps.  Phone was actually a little more responsive today (day 3) but still draggy compared to 4.4.4.  Google Play is still hanging while updating apps.  I am trying to update regularly to see if a bad app it causing some of this.  You would think Samsung would have tested this on a phone without apps and not let it out the door if there was problems.  Could be some sort of app causing some but not all of this.  Still having Wi-Fi disconnect and reconnect often. I may try disabling Wi-Fi after I determine how much the location reporting was draining the battery.   

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A very large percentage of present apps are not 5.0 compatible yet.  Some are limited.  that's the trouble with early adoption...bugs and being ahead of the crowd.

0 Likes