Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW support: what planet do you and the support team reside on?  Everyone is reporting this multitude of problems after the update, and you're asking if there was physical phone damage? Seriously?!

Tabasko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before update this afternoon. All fine. After update no LED. It's a huge problem that someone needs to FIX. Only reason and I bought this phone.

nlhenry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my S5 to Lollipop two days ago and it's been a complete nightmare.  Most notably battery management is now horrific! The battery rapidly discharges even when not in use. The phone routinely goes into cool down mode and seems to continually 'connect to wifi' though already connected. Two problems I had day one seem to have seem corrected: receipt of text messages hours later and phone keypad dialing issues. If you haven't updated yet, my recommendation is that you wait until a patch has been released.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Battery and Wi-fi seem to be major problems for a lot of people with 5.0 and no fix yet.

oldsouth
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery actually did better today.  The pedometer was taking some serious juice.  The update enabled it.  I turned it off yesterday.  Also I keep updating apps.  I think that helps also.  All day on one charge.  That's the first time that has happened since I updated. 

HelpMeVerizonPlz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have SAME EXACT problems. Phone gets super hot, wifi continuously trys to connect to the network it's already connected to and then disconnects (super annoying), massive battery drain. I called Verizon and they said to do a factory reset....and after reading this thread doesn't seem like that will work at all. Good news is that they will send me a new one if that is the issue because it's still under warranty. But ugh...what a pain to backup everything and start all over again knowing it will just fail to have Verizon say OK.

Verizon, please take ownership of this issue and provide some kind of timeline for a fix. Other networks don't appear to be having this issue. Also I got the S5 the very first day it came out so wondering if there has been a hardware revision that makes this issue not happen.

Those on Kit Kat....Don't get the update until a fix is provided and the problem is acknowledged.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Well, some good new.

0 Likes
WareAmI
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest in the gift that keeps on giving - Lollipop - I had to disable my unlock code because the phone lags so much that it times out when trying to unlock it. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get in at all if I waited much longer to disable this function.

So, thanks, Verizon, you've now rendered my phone without security as well.

bajanut
Enthusiast - Level 1

VERIZON-GOOGLE-SAMSUNG FIX THE PROBLEM WITH LOLLIPOP AND S5 NOW!! AND TELL PEOPLE NOT TO "UPGRADE" UNTIL BUGS ARE FIXED IT MADE A MESS OUR OF MY PHONE !! AND i AM NOT THE ONLY ONE !! IT IS ALL OVER THE INTERNET  PLEASE FIX IT NOW!!

IHATEVERIZON27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon,

Thsee links are in no way any type of solution to the problems. Telling users to clear there RAM is in no way a fix. It isn't even a bandaid.  We didn't pay hundreds of dollars for a phone that has a built in widget that allows users to run multiple apps at once so we can only run 1 app for fear that it won't load at all if we do. The excuses are bullshit we deserve the truth and an acceptance of the responsibility to fix the problem without passing the buck to water damage or Samsung or a users personal preferences when it comes to the operation of an expensive tool. Essentially what you are saying is to end all tasks and not use the phone.  Also by switching off the network swapping it will either make the phone stop and try to search for a network if they are using WiFi or they will most likely incur added charges on this coming months bill for overuse of data.  We all supplement our data usage via WiFi connection and to take that away is to steal money from our wallets and pocket books.   A fix to this update is your only moral option and to say a fix is to restrict the phone's ability only shows your priorities when it comes to customer satisfaction.  Everyone who has made the fatal mistake of updating should be awarded some type of apology via discounted bills.   It's a strange coincidence that whenever a couple models out phone phone gets an update and miraculously starts having issues, that never seem to get fully resolved.  I personally am beginning to think that this is intentional given the factsheet the phone's go in and out of style or fall of as the top quickly. I think you would much rather have these updates go out not working in hopes to annoy customers enough that they begin considering buying a new phone to rid themselves of the headache of dealing with a phone that on 1 day an excellent with no issues at all and the next it is hardly usable. I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all but since I have not had a single good customer service experience since my service provider.

It is absolutely unacceptable to fell us to limit our phones capabilities that we so eagerlyrics paid for. The clock is now ticking you have 10 Business days to resolve the problems or I'm going to abandon this sinking ship.  Your desire to bloat our already busy lives with your nuisance bloat ware on dumb apps that maybe 1 in 100k will actually open.  You load our phones to the point of such sluggishness that our only option is to buy new.  Well I assure you it will not be from you for me.