Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
jimmiewade
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have told everyone I know not to do this update if they have not already allowed it.  It has made my phone a pain in the butt to use.  I have switched to using my tablet for everything and only using my phone for calls.  If this continues then I do not need this high dollar phone anymore. 

chrisbredl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Congratulations to Lollipop as it is the cause of me putting my first forum post ever. And a shot out to it for making me rapidly decrease from happy to furious. Does anyone know how I can go back to my previous software version? I would seriously appreciate any help. Can someone shoot me an email if you have a way to make this a reality? My email is: [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Clipse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just really hope someone is doing something to fix these issues.  At least from talking to Verizon tech support (tier 2 level), they didn't show much interest in my concern yesterday.  Everything was working really great until I pushed accept to install lollipop.  My worst day of 2015 so far...

0 Likes
lindak21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having touch problems with games since the update.  Is not registering where I am clicking. Registering about half an inch up

0 Likes
Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

My EXACT problems since the update!

0 Likes
capt777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree! Why should I have to turn things off that worked perfectly fine before this update.  Fix this quick or I'm going back to apple!

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

White background sucks, hands when asleep and text arrives when using fingerprint unlock, battery life significantly worse, generally glitchy...kitkat was much better

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, screen "on" hangs when I pull away from my face hang up, so I can't hang up...

0 Likes
crystalce58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been continually deferring the update, because historically EVERY update I've ever done through VZW has compromised battery life, and slowed down, if not bricked my phone. Reading the comments here, I know that I have done the right thing.  I don't believe that it is Google or Samsung's issue as a coworker with Sprint has had ZERO issues with her update.

So, VZW reps, my question is, is there anyway to postpone the update indefinitely, and then voluntarily download it at a future date when it is stable, rather than deferring daily?  I'm concerned that I'll accidentally hit the wrong button and end up in update hell, as others have, before the update is stable.

0 Likes
crystalce58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly why I keep deferring.  My S3 became a very expensive paperweight after the updates...

0 Likes