Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
restlessrascal
0 Likes
JustDontScrewUp

Thank you VzW, I finally lost those daily update messages. Looks like VzW has disabled the forced update.

As it is my Samsung GS5 is really broken and I have to disable "Google Now" and accurate location service.

Those are the 2 programs that drained my battery and made my phone a pocket warmer, may be a pocket heater.

Although, in general this device is power hungry with processes like:

Android System

Android OS

System

Google Play Services

May be it is Samsung TouchWhiz to be blamed for that.

Horrible Device (except for the cool display), just stay away if you can.

Not worth the trouble.

Travisbaz

I have the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
No worries SmartPHFrustrated we can help give you steps to clear the cache on your device. Here is a link from our verizon wireless online support pages http://vz.to/1BMhsMA. Please let us know if you have any other questions.  Kinquana_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
SmartPHFrustrated, no worries, we can walk you through the steps. From the home screen, tap Chrome. tap the Menu icon. Scroll to tap Settings. Tap Privacy. Tap Clear Cache. It's also helpful to delete any unwanted applications on your device and power it off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.   LasinaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes
stef7

I think the poster wanted to know how to get to the low-level cache while booting the phone. And not for an S3 but an S5. Certainly, the poster wasn't interested in clearing the cache of the Browser...

0 Likes
lindak21

My main problem is with touch alignment which others have also reported. I click on something and something an inch away opens.

I tried clearing cache and uninstalling the apps affected then clearing cache again. Problem is can't seem to get a clean uninstall of any 3rd party apps. I would expect to have to fully set the apps back up when I reinstall but everything is still there. Tried multiple clear cache delete app data and clearING holding down volume up home button and on switch to fully clear multiple times.  None of the instructions you provide seem to fix anything.

stef7

Have you backed up your personal content and performed a full Factory Data Reset?

0 Likes
Mudster

Since the Lollipop upgrade, my phone is useless.  My wifi won't stay on if I am doing anything on it at all.  Last weekend, I looked and was at about 3.8 gig 8 days into my month.  So since then, I have had to turn off the data totally (I have 6 gig per month).  Called Verizon then and they claimed they called Samsung and all but said since this is a known problem, they were not going to replace my phone.  So, I am paying for a phone that does not work.  I have done the factory reset twice, cache, and all that.  Nothing works.  I am going to call them again this weekend, but I don't think they will care or do anything.  My daughter has the phone and upgrade and does not have this isssue, so what's up?  Makes no sense.  Very frustrated. 

SmartPHFrustrated

Verizon does NOT care! They put out a substandard OS, now it's our

problem, they are still getting paid. That response that it's a "known

problem" and will not replace, just proves it.

Thanks

Jose Da Silva