Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

This has gone far to long and when your talking 1000's of S5 customer with both minor and major problems.  Verizon ,Samsung and Google now have a big job to get customers trust back.

0 Likes
SmartPHFrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck. Still having issues with mine.

Thanks

Jose Da Silva

0 Likes
jtodd76
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'M HOPING THIS HELPS BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR ME!!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I haven't read through all the posts, but I know I read several people talking about 3rd party apps causing this problem. I totally agree! I was so disgusted when I upgraded to Lollipop and saw how horribly my phone was running. Constantly getting hot and battery draining quickly. I was just about to revert back to KitKat till I decided to look at my apps and remove some of them. I was using 2 different apps that were "Cleaning" my phone? I recalled reading from another person in this thread (mwsilvers I believe) that said those cleaning apps aren't really necessary in Lollipop so I deleted, Clean Master and another on called, All-In-One Toolbox. I was using BOTH and they were constantly popping up wanting to clean something. After removing those 2 apps, my phone is actually running much better and never gets hot. I really hope this helps others. I would look for cleaning programs and remove those first. This may not work for everyone, but it's worth a try.

asldaisy7

I've done everything the Verizon reps have asked me to do and to no avail.  I've resorted back to my Samsung Galaxy S4 that has KitKat still installed.  Apparently Samsung is still working on a fix for this update.

0 Likes
asldaisy7

I don't have any apps cleaning my phone and it still crashes, gets hot, etc.

0 Likes
CBenton01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a software developer, and am astounded that I cannot bring my S5 back to KitKat.  To debug requires that I have a USB cable between my Mac and S5, and 5.0 provides me a notification that "Battery fully charged, uplug charger".  The notification covers the menu buttons on my app, so now I can't debug the app.  I'd go back to KitKat, but the only site that has the KitKat firmware (sammobile.com) doesn't complete the download, even after paying for premium service and attempting download over several different computers over 48 hours.  My personal phone is an iPhone, and this has certainly killed any thoughts I had of moving over to Android.

I hope Verizon realizes just how bad this makes them look.  They need to pull out all the stops to have a proper Android upgrade completed, and also allow the customer to revert to an earlier reliable and functional OS if desired.

pstreck1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Completely agree. The ability to downgrade through Verizon and quantify the

% that do would show them how miserably they are doing.

Unfortunately that would likely put those same developers out of work.

I would think that Verizon has a couple phones lying around that they could

do some real life testing first. I'm not a software developer and I pay

verizon a good chunk of $ to provide me a product/service. Maybe pre

release the software to the largest app providers to minimize the potential

for "3rd party app issues".

Until large corporate customers complain/switch I don't expect much to

change.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

This is because of internal command coding of Verizon Software Assistant program which installs when you first plug in your phone.

0 Likes
km123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like some of the other people have said, my phone seemed to improving some performance wise and battery life wise.  The battery improved some with the Cache wipe, I never did a factory reset.  I cleaned up the cache of all my apps and did some other general clean up (again none of that impacted my KitKat version of the phone).  Like I said battery seemed to improve some over the past week, but probably only 15-20% improvement...or maybe I was just getting used to it. 

That said, In a new development I just received another update from Verizon/Samsung, about 20 minutes ago.  The "information" about this update looks similar to the last update, but the build number is different.  Hopefully this is the fix we're all looking for.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It's very possible this may be the re-released version of 5.0 which is much better then the first but still having  problems. Keep us posted ,  Thank you     

Re: Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5

0 Likes