Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update G900VVRU2BOE1
Skynet101

Just updated my system software today and immediately noticed the screen resolution is not as fine as it was prior to the update.  I have a high resolution JPEG as my wallpaper and the resolution is noticeably less sharp.  Any one else notice this? Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update G900VVRU2BOE1
cora8504
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know about the resolution, but battery drain is normal for a few days after that update. If it persists after a few days, backup all your pictures and videos, then connect your phone via USB to a computer and installing the Software Update/Repair Assistant. Running the Software Repair Assistant fixes most issues caused by software updates

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Skynet101

Also noticed my battery is draining faster.

0 Likes
cora8504
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know about the resolution, but battery drain is normal for a few days after that update. If it persists after a few days, backup all your pictures and videos, then connect your phone via USB to a computer and installing the Software Update/Repair Assistant. Running the Software Repair Assistant fixes most issues caused by software updates

0 Likes
Mimivolpo

Since I updated my phone it randomly restarts at least once a day sometimes more.  Is there a way to unistall the update???  Will there be an update to fix the last update?? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mimivolpo

I want to get your phone working even better with this update. There is not a way to uninstall the update but updates to updates are almost a certainty these days. It sounds like there may be a software conflict with the newest update and apps that are running on your phone. Are all of your apps completely up to date? Have you tried running your phone in safe mode to see if the random restarts still happen once 3rd party apps are taken out of the equation http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111483/ ?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pencilandpaper

My tasks are no longer showing up on my Mini today 4x2 calendar widget.  It seems to be ever since I installed this update.  They still show up on the full month calendar.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

I've a S5 @5.0 with the same baseband G900VVRU2B0E1. Am using the same wallpaper pic as pre update. It's a high res close up head shot of my crazy Boxer. The pic has a lot of fine detail and there is no noticeable loss in sharpness since the update. Sorry I can't offer a suggestion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pencilandpaper!

I can understand the frustration with the calendar and the smaller widget. Have you tried removing the widget re-adding to your screen? Here's the link for synchronization with Gmail: http://spr.ly/6581BE74t
LauraD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pencilandpaper

Yes,  I have tried that several times with no success.

0 Likes
yiliwu

Hey, I am experiencing the same thing, tasks not showing in mini today 4x2 widget. I am also having an issue with my tasks displaying 1 day early on the 4x4 month view widget. Events display fine. Everything displays fine in the actual app, only the 4x4 widget, are the tasks off. Are you able to replicate this problem?

0 Likes