Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update G900VVRU2BOE1
pencilandpaper

Yes! Tasks are 1 day of on the 4x4 widget! Everything since about July 15.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the widgets yiliwu. I know I keep track of my tasks using the calendar all the time. How long have you been having this issue for? Has it ever worked before? What troubleshooting have you done so far?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yiliwu

I've been having this issue since the update that was released in July for note 4s. It was fine in the past, been using calendar widget and tasks since I had the s3. I just received another update from Verizon today, but it did not seem to fix the issue. I started a thread for this issue somewhere on the Verizon forums, some rep said they contacted samsung, not sure if she really did. Additionally, I want to add that my mom and brother who both have up to date verizon galaxy s5's also have this problem. I am so perplexed as to why no one is coming forth with this issue, am I the only person in the world who uses the stock calendar widget? Lol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yiliwu, we absolutely want your calender to be up to date. You indicated that you just received a software update, what software is your phone currently running? Please go to the apps, settings, and about phone to view this information.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yiliwu

sorry I havent replied in a while. pretty much gave up on it, verizon is horrible when it comes to this kind of stuff, their updates are so slow. My phone is running android 5.0.1,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Yiliwu, we are still here to assist. As this began with the software update, let's have you clear the application cache by:

Going to the Home Screen

Select the Apps

Choose Settings

Go to the Applications

Click the Application Manager

Scroll to and select your Calendar app

Tap Clear Data

Tap Ok

Tap Clear Cache

Now that this is complete, let's have you try that calendar again please.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
yiliwu

I did that, issue is still occurring. I cleared data and cache for 'calendar' as well as 'calendar storage' I don't understand why more people aren't coming forward with this issue. i have replicated this issue on 3 out of 3 other Verizon Samsung devices. am I the only idiot that uses the stock calendar widget?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use the calendar widget all the time so I completely understand how upsetting this has been for you yiliwu. I appreciate your patience as we work to get this resolved.

You mnetioned this started after the software update. Have you hard reset the phone since the update?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lhancock28

Mine is also draining faster. It used to last 2 days, now I'm down to less than one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's keep you powered up, Ihancock28. What are the main apps and processes using battery as seen in Settings>Battery/Power? How long have you had the device?
YaleK_VZW

0 Likes