Samsung Galaxy s5 WiFi connecting problems
Eric4473

I've had my s5 for about 5 months. Everything has been working perfectly (as we've come to expect from Samsung).....until recently my phone will not connect to my home wifi. It will however connect just fine to other wifi networks such as my parent's home and work. At home it continues to attempt to connect but will time out and say "saved" or "authentication error". Then sometimes at random it'll say connected but there will be no connectivity.....this is the kicker, THEN at other times (again at random) it'll connect and work like it did the day I got it. I've tried multiple battery pulls, forgetting the network and reconnecting/reentering the password...all to no avail. My wife's s5 first started doing this before mine....hers got so bad we did a factory reset which seemed to help, but I read online that other folks that have tried this, the phone will slowly work it's way back to the same way it was before the reset. I don't want to have to reset my phone every so often to fix an obvious issue that needs a more permanent fix. Other threads I've found online have similar issues but no one knows how to fix it or even what the issue is for sure.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 WiFi connecting problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eric4473,

That definitely is odd! Especially considering that it has no issues with other wifi connections. Have you tried resetting the modem for you home wifi and trying to connect again? Have you tried "forgetting" the network and then resigning back in? (Settings>Wifi>long press on your network>Forget)

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

__Sami__
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disabe, uninstall, and force stop everythig labeled ANT. That was the only thing I found that fixed my problem (worked on figuring this out for about 3 days!). Running in safe mode does the trick also..because ANT ** is disabled. Easier to just get rid of it.

0 Likes
wirelessape
Enthusiast - Level 1

Experiencing same WiFi connection problems with S5 as Eric4473.

Phone problem as other devices connect.  Forgetting network worked once, but doing ths continuously is not a solution!

Very dissapointed with the device, my old phone had no problems with WiFi.

Please suggest a solution that will resolve this!

Emily9gk18

My galaxy S5 well not run over wifi. I get a connection error over chrome and apps do not download any data. All other devices in my home work on the wifi. I had my phone replaced by Verizon after none of the troubleshooting fixes worked. The Wi-Fi worked on my new phone for about 3 days. The Wi-Fi connection says that it is excellent. What else can I do? I'm going to go over in data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why and how this would be an issue for you, Emily9gk18.
By chance, have you tried to access WiFi on the S5 in other WiFi locations besides your home?
This will help us determine if there is a problem with the S5 wifi in general or we can see if something needs to be done with the home WiFi connection to make the phone work at home.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Emily9gk18

My phone won't access wifi anywhere, but my home wifi works on other

devices. I followed the troubleshooting tips to delete the ANT apps,

reinstalled them, and it worked....for a day.

On Dec 19, 2014 5:18 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There may be an app that is causing this issue, Emily9gk18! It is highly likely if deleting apps helped to correct the issue. Please place your device in Safe Mode, and see if you are then able to connect to WiFi. http://vz.to/1hhYjUF

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
azanel

Hello Eric,

You will be able to connect to your home wireless network again by simply following the instructions provided here - How to Solve Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems of Android Smartphones and Tablets | 1kDIY

Happy Holidays

0 Likes
Samsungfrustrateduser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both my husband's Galaxy 4 and my Galaxy 5 are suddenly not connecting to our home wifi.  We know the wifi is working because I'm using it right now on this laptop.  I keep getting the message "AP currently not in use.  Internet connection slow".  I've tried forgetting the wifi, restarting the phone, disconnecting the battery and the sim card.  Any other suggestions?