Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 updated to lollipop & indicator lights stopped
TriniK
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes I am having tons of issues... My apps keeps cutting off, messages, contacts keeps force stopping, cant get notifications.. This is annoying and you all keep telling us to do what we ALL Have tried instead of fixing the ridiculous updates that are and inconvenience... Im sick of this foolish crap... For the cost of my bill every month which is 250, this is such a shame......

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tjf1990

I had the same problem with the lights not working and the only solution I have found is putting the phone on vibrate and putting the intensity on 0. The lights work on every text when I do this and email. I don't know about missed calls. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
TriniK
Enthusiast - Level 2

so now that I am using Vibrate as silent, what can i use as vibrate, so if i now use the ringer as Virbrate, what wud i use for the ringer.... catch my drift. they didnt think this crap through and now everyone is having issues....

Private information and profanity removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Slimzeye

I've been having the same issue since upgrading to Lollipop.  Like so many others, it's been driving me crazy!

But, this worked for my S5......

Go to Settings, then Sound & Notifications.

Scroll down to Application Notifications

From there, choose the application.

Click on it and turn Priority ON.

This allows new notifications even while Interruptions is set to-  Only allow priority interruptions.

My device was NOT set to only allow priority notifications, but this worked anyway.

Hope this helps someone

0 Likes
Hoopla

Updated 2 nights ago, and since then NO LIGHTS.  I'm pretty pissed off and have half the mind to buy a new phone and throw this one out the window.

I have done everything - and more - of what has been suggested here.  Cleared cache like 5x, messed with the notification and led light like 20x, removed the batteries like 10x, have also done factory reset (what fun that's been!) and all it did was speed things up a bit and clear the Contact crashing error thing that kept popping up every hour.  I'm really really upset that my phone, which I always bragged about how much better it was than the iPhone, is now CRAP!

I NEED MY LED LIGHTS

I NEED MY VIBRATE

I NEED - all the things that I no longer have and I am SICK SICK of messing with my phone like I'm some g'damn engineer - which still can't fix anything.  It is YOUR job to make sure upgrades do NOT ruin all phone functionality. YOUR job, not mine.

0 Likes
jeffw_00

Post #54 fixed it for me - thanks!   But I still would prefer notification icons on my lock screen where there is now "Verizon Wireless" (on the upper left).  Does anyone know the right fix for that?

thanks!
/j

0 Likes
minimize13

from the last two updates - on my lock screen - i no longer get a notification of a missed call or text etc - i will get one sound and thats it - if i am not in the room to hear it, i would never know there was anything, calls or texts etc - i have reset back to factory after trying everything and still nothing  -  I have the Samsung S5

please dont make me go back to my iPhone over this, please

0 Likes
bear3351

Easiest solution. I sold my S5 got an Apple I6 I am very happy.  Go Apple!!!

0 Likes
NoahT90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has Verizon come out with a fix for this yet? All I see from the Verizon moderators is them asking the same 2 questions about when the issue happens: is it in silent? did you try reverting to factory settings?

The answer is "ALWAYS". I only get LED notifications from 3rd party apps.  Text messages (both SMS and multimedia), when received, do NOT display an LED alert.  I've tried every "fix" recommended in this thread (clearing cache, reverting to factory settings, deleting all other apps besides bloatware included in the release).  NOTHING makes the indicators come back.

Is there a fix? Verizon, are you there?

dissatisfied_lollipo_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to bump this thread and ensure the VZW moderators are aware this is quite the significant design flaw for Galaxy S5 Lollipop users. The entire functionality of "silent mode" is lost with the latest update. As another user stated, the ENTIRE PURPOSE of having a SILENT MODE is for DISCRETE NOTIFICATION via the LED's. As anyone who's sat through a meeting or any other situation where there is quite a bit of silence in the room, the buzzing noise from a vibrating phone is no less and is as equally a disruption as an audible alert. There are numerous scenarios where a slight flash from the phone is all that is required. Furthermore, some of us use interval reminder settings for missed texts. As such, placing the phone on 'vibrate mode' just so the alarm can function is extremely disrupting (i.e. the repetitious buzzing from a vibrating phone through the night from missed text, etc). I sincerely hope there is sufficient protest to the "improvements" within Lollipop, phone carriers are relaying the extreme discontent from their paying customers to the developers. Personally, I just want to go back to Kit Kat, and eliminate the OS update mandate by manufacturers.

0 Likes