Samsung Galaxy s6
Irishkellie

My battery does not last long, any suggestions ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy s6
Newfi

I have the same problem with S6 Edge +.  Phone is a month old no problems till this week.  Takes forever to charge, overnight went from 44% to 69%.  But discharges very face.  No new apps and no change on settings from when it was working till now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your battery can last through the day is important, Irishkellie. Let's make sure your phone can keep up with you. Any recent changes? When did this start?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Irishkellie

My phone holds a charge but not long it will be 100% then it's 40% in 4 hours, it also will get hot om the back of the phone? ?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Samsung put way too small of a battery in their S6 phones.  There's not much you are going to be able to do to really extend the life of that one.

apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

How is the Verizon service where you are using your phone? Poor reception will drain your battery, and no service will drain your battery even faster. I recently disconnected my network extender because of an issue that verizon still has not fixed, and without the network extender my battery drains quicker due to the weaker 3G signal.

I would also be curious to know what it says if you go into Settings - Battery, as shown in the attached image.s6.battery.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a charged battery when needed. Do you use the original charger? If the device is overheating it is best to get it checked out by an in store agent. Have you visited one of our locations?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes