Samsung Galaxy vs. Motorola Turbo
Nichole85

I got the Samsung Galaxy S5 about a year ago and love it but after the updates the battery life doesn't last more than 4 hours of use.  Will this happen with every update for any phone?  The usage time says up to 27 hrs which is not true even if I don't use the phone and the Galaxy S6 is even shorter usage time so I wonder what would happen with the next update on that phone.  I noticed the Droid Turbo has a much better battery life but I wondering if the same thing would happen with operating system updates.  Any suggestions for improving battery life on the current Samsung phone or choosing a new phone?  Is the Motorola as user-friendly as the Samsung? Thanks for any suggestions!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy vs. Motorola Turbo
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

After the update did you perform a factory reset and disable app backup and restore?

0 Likes
Nichole85

I don't think I did.  Are there instructions on how to do this?  Also, I will backup photos and videos but is there anything else I would risk losing when I do this?  Thanks!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You will lose everything, factory reset is as it states; reverts it back to factory settings/condition. However you can't get rid of the lollipop update.

If you use Verizon cloud, back up pictures, videos, messages, contacts; whatever it is you want to keep. I like to log into my Verizon account online and go to my verizon>my device>back up contacts (this will take you to your cloud) JUST to verify it did indeed back up and everything is there. Keep in mind you should be on wi-fi while backing up if you haven't done it in awhile, or you'll run up your data.

Then go to settings>backup and restore>make sure the two boxes that say app data back up and app restore are NOT checked.

Then power the device down.

Hold down the volume down key and the power button for 10+ seconds and a screen should appear, you should be able to select "factory reset" it doesn't take very long, it's getting your phone set back up how you like it, and putting everything back on.

0 Likes