Samsung Gem
aarondevante895

Why is the samsun gem discontinued? I look on the website, it isnt there I got in several Verizon sites it isnt there, they took it away. As a samsung gem owner I want help. I have problems with the phone and I dont think anyone will be able to help me. I need a new phone but I am only six months in my contract. The phone freezes and reboots itself and its an alright phone I just want something new and better than android.

(1) What can I do I am only six months in my contract and my phone acts up like once every two weeks it shuts down on its own and reboots itself

(2) I have kept up with the latest technology and I know that there are rumors saying that Verizon will have the Nokia Lumia 710 along with already having the htc trophy. I want a windows phone  htc trophy or the 710 (if it comes out) or the Blackberry Torch 9850. Any OS besides android. How would I get any of these phones. The help is much appreciated.

Oh, if you dont know the samsung gem came out in may of 2011 and its specs are:

• Android™ Eclair

Display

• WQVGA
  • 3.2” Display
  • Touch Screen

Camera

• 3.2MP Camera

Memory

• Up to a 16GB microSD™ Card

Battery

• Up to 300 hours Standby Time *
  • Up to 4.5 hours Talk Time*

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gem
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI the Samsung Gem was never sold by Verizon Wireless directly. The phone was only sold through third party retailers.

Is the phone acting like it is running out of internal memory space? Please be specific and hopefully the other customers including myselfcwho frequent this peer to peer forum can offer some assistance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aarondevante895

I purchased it from Verizon directly and has the Verizon logo all over it I

know where I got it from..

0 Likes
aarondevante895

also the phone is just freezing and rebooting itself I don't know what the

problem is I know it's not the memory

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What was the address of the store that you purchased the phone at?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Freezing and rebooting can also been an application conflict. Did load any new apps before the freezing and rebooting started? If so please, uninstall the most recently installed apps. Then slowly add back those same apps. Try an space them out to one app per day or two and test each one to see if the rebooting and freezing returns.

0 Likes
aarondevante895

I know its not apps also...its the phone period its old and I need a new

phone and I was also asking did anyone know how to receive a newer phone

such as the blackberry or the HTC trophy..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A used device from a third party like ebay, full retal price or add a line are your only options now. Unless you can get a replacement device, but it will either the same model or similar. You won't get a windows phone or a blackberry that way.

0 Likes
detroitjames
Enthusiast - Level 3

You will not get a new phone unless you qualify for an upgrade. End of story... unless you purchase it through a third party and just buy the phone outright. Being less than one year old. the phone would be under warranty. The first step towards addressing your issue would be to run a full master reset on the phone, if you can't tie the issue to any specific apps. What you are experiencing is software related, not hardware. Master reset will resolve any software issue with your phone.

0 Likes
aarondevante895

My best bet is to buy a used device somewhere I appreciate the advice Smiley Happy

0 Likes