Samsung Pay on Verizon network
AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

When Verizon would announce the support to Samsung Pay? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
rcschnoor
Legend

As soon as they make the decision whether or not they will do so.Smiley Happy

AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon decided not to support Samsung Pay, I will move my profile (6 phones) to another carrier, probably Sprint.  I am fed up with Verizon working against Samsung products.

rcschnoor
Legend

OK.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will start using Samsun Pay and then you will change devices to an LG or Apple and you won't be able to use Samsung Pay any longer so then you'll blame Verizon.

Use Google Wallet. It uses your Gmail address to sign in and then you won't have to worry about losing information across manufacturers.

Why everyone wants to go with all of these specific applications is beyond me.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

And it's only compatible with select cards? What is it a rebranding of SoftCard?

Google Wallet works with any card.

0 Likes
AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon should not impose the Company's own preferences onto their customers, such as blocking Samsung Pay. Google Wallet never worked on my Note 3 since it was blocked by Verizon, as well.  Samsung Pay approach is different than Google Wallet, Apple Pay, or the newly anticipated Android Pay.  With do respect to everyone's choice, Verizon should not dictate what payment service I need to use. I am planning to upgrade to Note 5 (no other thoughts to other phones), and expect to use Samsung Pay out of the box. If Verizon will not support Samsung Pay, then it is time to move to another carrier who supports this service. Verizon is always the last vendor to send Samsung Galaxy OTA updates.  Usually it takes Verizon over 5 months to push the updates to Samsung Galaxy phones.  I have Galaxy Gear S smartwatch (awesome device) , and opened a technical ticket with Verizon six months ago, which was never been resolved and fell into the cracks. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AAM63

We would never want to see you leave, and at the same time can relate to how convenient pay/wallet applications are.

What happens when you do try to use Google Wallet? http://bit.ly/1TTYwpo

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, Hi KaitM_VZW,

Unfortunately I have tried Google Wallet.  The NFC requirement of the application is the current problem.  Any solution that is NFC only at this time is hampered by the lack of support with retailers.  Even retailers that clain to be familiar with Google Wallet and Apple Pay (McDonalds) do not know how to handle the software.  I was at a McDonalds that had stickers all over their windows that claimed they supported both Apple Pay and Google Wallet in their drive thru.  The manager and 2 other associates they had try to get it to work were not able to.  With limited support from retailers there needs to be a better solution.  Much of the time the issue is that the NFC terminals are not setup right even if retailers have purchased them.  That problem is alleviated with Samsung Pay.  Hopefully the evaluation period will be completed soon.

Snn5
Legend

The business still has to know how to process and accept Samsung Pay.  If they cannot figure out how to tap to pay, why would they be able to figure out swipe to pay?

0 Likes