Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

They knew the process the issue was that even though they had NFC readers they weren't enabled.  Now go somewhere that doesn't even have the NFC reader (most retailers) and expect them to be able to handle it...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wouldn't think that retailers without NFC could handle NFC payments.

cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Neither would I that is the reason I stated that they advertised that they could accept Google Wallet and Apple Pay but could not...

0 Likes
AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why Verizon imposes its own software and blocks some of standard Android or Samsung Pay services, while Verizon does not do any changes to iPhone?  I have four Samsung Galaxy and two iPhone devices, and noticed huge different and bias in Verizon support between iPhone and Samsung Galaxy devices.  Is that a fair business practice?  Verizon service and support should be fair and non-biased to any smartphone company!  I don't see that.  Regarding using Google Wallet, it never worked on my phone and it is cumbersome to use.  I look forward to upgrade Note 3 to Note 5 next month (no other phones or options in thoughts) in order to use Samsung Pay service. I already have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and look forward to use Samsung Pay as well.   In addition, to upgrading to Samsung Gear S2 for the same purpose.  If Samsung Pay service is blocked by Verizon, will move to another carrier.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have never had an issue using Google Wallet. If the place doesn't have tap to pay machines then no tap to pay app will work. I use it at McDonald's, Walgreens, vending machines and pretty much anywhere I can. At first it was SoftCard now it's Google Wallet. You can use what you want but don't blame Verizon when you have issues transferring your accounts from a Samsung device to a non-Samsung device.

0 Likes
vbgbanessa
Enthusiast - Level 1

You do not understand the difference between Samsung Pay and Google Wallet. Take a minute to google "Samsung Pay vs Android Pay" (formerly Google Wallet). We don't just want it because it is Samsung. We want it because Samsung Pay can be accepted at about 90% of retailers because of Loop Pay's MST. Android Pay and Apple Pay can only be accepted at less than 10% of retailers.

vbgbanessa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my Galaxy S6 Edge specifically because of Samsung Pay. I am moving all three of my lines to T-Mobile regardless of what "decision" Verizon makes. If I had realized Verizon was going to do this again, I would have left them before I signed up for the Edge plan and bought two new phones on it. But with the difference between restricting Apple and restricting Samsung/Android phones I think is because Apple won't let them get away with that stuff. I am surprised that Samsung has let them get away with this, because not having Verizon, support will lose a big chunk of Samsung Pay potential US business.

But I should have learned my lesson one of the last several times they blocked services/apps for their own personal profit. Smiley Sad When I heard about Verizon deciding if they are going to support it, I remembered all of the previous services they blocked me from or stripped from me (Google Wallet, unlimited data, mobile hotspot/tethering, Google Voice, etc.). I am willing to bet almost anything that Verizon won't allow Samsung Pay until they figure out how they can charge customers a monthly fee to use it or their own shotty version of it.

And I understand why Verizon does it. If I ran the biggest company, I too would charge suckers for services they could go anywhere else to get for free. I hope the profits they got from those services they blocked were more than the business they lost from it. I am moving to T-Mobile because they will buy me out of the Edge Plan that I just signed up for a few months ago... smh. I should have done this a long time ago. I need actual wireless freedom. They may have friendly customer service (not the in-store) and a great coverage map but none of that is important if I can't use the features I bought the phone for. I will never switch back to Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vbgbanessa, we would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wirless family. I want to make sure that we have the chance to turn things around today. I can understand how convenient it is to pay with your device. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is able to use Google Wallet: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-wallet-faqs/
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AAM63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, please stop playing marketing games with your customers.  Samsung Pay is not the same as Google Wallet, Apple Pay, or Android Pay.  Samsung Pay will support more devices than any other service and will work with non NFC devices from day one!  In addition, Samsung Pay is the only service available on Gear S2 smartwatch.  Verizon decision not to support Samsung Pay is against fair business practices in the industry.

bobn4burton
Enthusiast - Level 1

KevinR_VZW,

Please don't insult vbgbanessa's intelligence by avoiding the issue, or not thoroughly reading and understanding his/her issue.

vbgbanessa is obviously aware of Google wallet and the new Android pay services. The issue is with VERIZON NOT SUPPORTING SAMSUNG PAY. That is why vbgbanessa is considering leaving Verizon for another carrier. Every other major carrier is supporting samsung pay EXCEPT verizon...which is just incredulous.

Frankly, I'm in the same boat as vbgbanessa. If verizon doesn't wise up and announce support for Samsung pay here shortly, I'll likely be forced to switch carriers as well. Luckily the other carriers make it so easy to switch these days with buying out existing contracts and/or phones, that no one is truly locked into a carrier anymore.

And suggesting other payment solution IS NOT acceptable as mentioned already above. Since other solutions are really only accepted at 10% of retail locations (in US)...what good is that?? You can't leave your wallet home, so it's a mere novelty.  That's why samsung pay is so different and cool. It's accepted almost everywhere. So you really can leave your wallet home...

Until these digital wallets are accepted nearly everywhere, they are useless to me because I still have to carry the physical CC with me everywhere.

So, Verizon, are you listening???? Please announce support for Samsung pay already!!! You are already supporting apple pay and even the new Android pay...so what's the freaking reason to hold out on samsung pay?