Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
voiceofreason

Because unlike Apple Pay or Google Wallet, the Samsung Pay works EVERYWHERE.  It's not dependent on a company accepting Apple Pay or having an NFC reader for the Google Wallet, every phone since the S6 comes preloaded with the hardware to work at any and every standard credit card reader.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
rcschnoor
Legend

voiceofreason wrote:

Because unlike Apple Pay or Google Wallet, the Samsung Pay works EVERYWHERE.  It's not dependent on a company accepting Apple Pay or having an NFC reader for the Google Wallet, every phone since the S6 comes preloaded with the hardware to work at any and every standard credit card reader.

People should really stop spreading this misinformation that SamsungPay works EVERYWHERE. It does not work EVERYWHERE. Yes, it works at MANY more locations than ApplePay or AndroidPay, but it DOES NOT work EVERYWHERE. People who say this have either not used it much OR not researched it at all but are just going on sound bites spewed out by uninformed people.

For example, at self service gas stations where you have to actually insert your card into the pump and then remove it, IT WILL NOT WORK. This is part of EVERYWHERE, yet it does not work there. You really should stop saying it works EVERYWHERE. From Samsung's own website:

Pay Almost Anywhere You Can Swipe or Tap Your Card

0 Likes
Re: Re: Samsung Pay on Verizon network
LilBRulesAll
Enthusiast - Level 2

"SWIPE" not "INSERT" as you point out.... for being so picky about the wording, you should read more carefully.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AAM63,

We are here, and ready to assist. We never want to lose any of our valued customers. You mean the world to us. It saddens us to hear you say moving out. Additionally, we certainly don't want you to feel ignored.

We can relate to how convenient it is to be able to make payments with your phone. Have you cosidered Android Pay? Here are the details on this very similar option: http://bit.ly/1YMAxby.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I read VERY carefully. It said "ALMOST ANYWHERE", i.e. NOT EVERYWHERE. YOU should read more carefully, they didn't say it works "everywhere you can swipe your card without inserting", they said it works "EVERYWHERE".

For what it is worth, when "inserting" the card into a terminal, you are STILL "swiping" it across the magnetic strip reader.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Travis1041
Enthusiast - Level 1

Haha You mean the world to us. I would hate to see how they treat everyone else. Very poor customer loyalty.

BuckWallace
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely ridiculous that Verizon isn't supporting Samsung Pay. I don't care if Samsung Pay is the worst mobile payment option on the planet, I should be able to use it if I choose to. I just dropped nearly $800 on a new Note 5 and can't even use one of the main features. Samsung is also offering a free wireless charger or wallet case if you activate Samsung Pay by Oct 11, so now I'm missing out on that as well. Unbelievable.

It's starting to become REALLY tempting to jump ship to a carrier without all of this restrictive nonsense.

Smitaio
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Verizon Wireless Customer Support

You have got to be kidding me!. Stop responding to these post with we are so sorry to hear that but have you tried Google Wallet (aka Google Pay). Would you stop responding with what your computer says to put and be human and read the god damn post so you you can actually SUPPORT your customers!!! There is a reason we want SAMSUNG PAY and not shitty Google Wallet/Google Pay. The real kicker is the VERIZON staff in the store was pushing Samsung Pay on the Galaxy S6 and that is why i purchased it. WTF

I will be looking into getting it to work the hard way like hacking my phone and if i am not successful then you can kick rocks because I will happily take my 4 lines to another carrier. I only came to Verizon and dealt with this crappy CUSTOMER SERVICE because my last company required it. I am no longer there and AT&T may be getting me back.

Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well until then we'd like to use Samsung Pay.

Jogle
Enthusiast - Level 3

The sad part is that most of the people that have replied on this forum purchased one of these compatible phones for the purpose of using Samsung Pay. I consider myself a tech junkie and research everything that is involved with technology. I ordered my Galaxy S6 Edge with Samsung Pay weighing in on that decision. Certainly, I could have opted for a different phone, but I had purchased Samsung phones in the past. My S5 was in perfect condition, but conversations with in-store reps about some of the key features helped to confirm my decision to buy early. The sales persons at my local store also have S6 Edges and we would all talk often about getting to use Samsung Pay. They were just as excited as I was. I believe that corporate office, where decisions are made, does not send important and correct information to all of the retailers. This makes the salespersons look bad.

We all understand that someone always has to profit behind the scenes, but this has gotten ridiculous. We've spent $800 plus on phones just to be denied key features that people were eager to use. Truly, Verizon higher ups knew a while ago that they had no intentions to implement Samsung Pay, so at least this information should have been given prior to selling the handsets. "Evaluating" does nothing to help customers when they are in limbo. I, however, am very concerned that there has been no official statement given by Verizon in all of this time with some clear explanations of what is occurring behind the scenes. I do understand that they really do not care if some of us left to go to other carriers as that would only be a small dent in their profit margins, but it does send a loud message to those on Verizon's network that do not own Samsung devices; "Your turn will come as well!" unless you are an iPhone user. Don't get me wrong, I do wish Apple well and great success, but I wish that fair business practices were being implemented as well. Verizon needs to understand that people remember and also get tired of lackluster (no) replies when dealing with their purchases and inquiries. This isn't a good time to play chicken, as there are few drawbacks currently for switching. Especially, since other carriers are paying the early termination fees and offering incentives.

I've seen the recent tweets from Samsung's guy noting that Samsung Pay would be in the Google app store for Verizon, but "in a week or so" is BS.  As mentioned, Verizon didn't make this statement nor support or refute it. They have just done nothing. I'd hate to switch, but I also hate to own products that I can't fully utilize.

For those of you on this forum that keep referring to Android Pay and downgrading Samsung Pay, this forum isn't for you. That wasn't this forums intention, it was to usher support for Samsung Pay and receive answers as to why we do not have it in our expensive devices. Honestly, some of you are answering as if you are Verizon employees whose sole purpose is to enter the forums and refute whatever consumers post. Please find something else to do with your time?

Businesses exist to provide goods and services to customers, and as such, if the business you visit does not have what you want then you go elsewhere. Seems as if Verizon doesn't mind if we go elsewhere! There is nothing wrong with consumers wanting clear and concise answers in a TIMELY manner.

Maybe switching carriers might not be that bad after all?