Samsung S4 Disable Backup Assistant
Buzzfriendly

I do not want or need Backup Assistant. I can't do anything other than force it to stop but like a weed in the yard it just keeps coming back. I did not request it, ask for it, agree to use it but that just doesn't seem to matter. There has to be a way without me taking drastic measures to eliminate it. Since my contract is up, I am willing to leave Verizon if I am unable to make this stop.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung S4 Disable Backup Assistant
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

There are several things you can do on this.  One is drastic but does work perfectly.

1) Go to Settings>Apps>Backup Assistant (you may see 3 here and only one is able to be disabled). Disable it.  You will also need to change ALL of your contacts to Google Contacts  Also disable anything Verizon Cloud that you see.

2) you can try removing Backup Assistant from the accounts to sync, but they usually block this as they think Backup Assistant is the way to go on it.

3) last reset and more drastic. Do a Factory Data Reset (after backing everything up). When you sign back into the phone and are setting it up, skip the Backup Assistant section. If it does not have your pin it cannot sync.

After disabling all the VZN Clouds that you can, make sure everything is on Google, then go into Verizon Cloud on a computer and delete everything from it.  There used to be a step by step guide to removing your Verizon Cloud account all together, but I think Verizon had it removed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We certainly do not want to lose you as a customer Buzzfriendly! I'm confident that together we can customize a solution and keep you a happy Verizon customer. May I ask have you ever used backup assistant on your device? Also, I'm curious as to what's the reason for not wanting to try the service out. It is a great added value to your wireless experience. You state that "it keeps coming back". Can I assume that you are getting a pop-up message? If so then please share the exact message that you are getting so we can assist.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

There are several things you can do on this.  One is drastic but does work perfectly.

1) Go to Settings>Apps>Backup Assistant (you may see 3 here and only one is able to be disabled). Disable it.  You will also need to change ALL of your contacts to Google Contacts  Also disable anything Verizon Cloud that you see.

2) you can try removing Backup Assistant from the accounts to sync, but they usually block this as they think Backup Assistant is the way to go on it.

3) last reset and more drastic. Do a Factory Data Reset (after backing everything up). When you sign back into the phone and are setting it up, skip the Backup Assistant section. If it does not have your pin it cannot sync.

After disabling all the VZN Clouds that you can, make sure everything is on Google, then go into Verizon Cloud on a computer and delete everything from it.  There used to be a step by step guide to removing your Verizon Cloud account all together, but I think Verizon had it removed.

0 Likes
Buzzfriendly

It is not a CORRECT answer. You commented on my question with a question. I already had a service that I was completely satisfied with, I didn't ask for the service, I don't want the service and quite honestly it just sort of activated itself after a forced system update. That's just a little more breaking into MY phone, taking control of MY phone, and forcing me to use applications and services that I do not want or need. If I broke into your house and replaced the clothes you own with the one's I want you to wear. Might you find this a tab bit intrusive? Skip the fact that I came into your home without asking, I am providing you a value added service!

The problem is resolved and I gained a entire new perspective on mobile phones and carriers.

0 Likes
Buzzfriendly

Thanks. I went to visit my phone  geek in our IT shop and he put me on the right path and taught me a great deal about my phone.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Very welcome.

0 Likes