Samsung S5 Cracked Screen question
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

I purchased an iPhone 5S in August of this year. I didn't like it because at the time all I could afford was the 16GB and wasn't able to keep all my stuff on it. I traded it for a S5 off of CL. I had total mobile protection on the iPhone. Yesterday, I dropped the S5 (which mind you had a otterbox on it) and it cracked the whole screen + glass. Am I able to get a replacement, knowing I'm still paying the first policy of the first iPhone I owned, or am I screwed because the phone was preowned when I ordered it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung S5 Cracked Screen question
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

Give it a try if if you are still paying for insurance you should be covered technically but that's not always the case.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The insurance wouldn't cover the second hand device you purchased from a third party.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
heedshot
Contributor - Level 1

mine has before...the line is what sees the insurance I gave my dad a phone of mine and added insurance on that line for him(the line it came from had no insurance) and 9 months later when his dog literally ate his phone insurance covered it

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

It depends.  The requirement for a device to be insured is that it was originally purchased within the last 2 years.  If you have that, and you've been paying for the feature you can try contacting Asurion at 888-881-2622.  You have up to 30 days after an incident to make a claim.

narntek
Contributor - Level 3

I was covered but only for a replacement device. I used my upgrade and sold the old one back to VZW

0 Likes