Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Stratosphere? Why didn't VZW give us the Galaxy S2?
maryl
Novice

If you look at the stats of the new Stratosphere, it looks like a Fascinate replacement with 4g. The features on the Galaxy S2 were so much impressive, wht didn't vzw offer us the Galaxy S2 instead? I guess they didn't want competition with the I phone 4S. Pretty lame, vzw

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere? Why didn't VZW give us the Galaxy S2?
Kirin
I dunno... I've been looking at the phone on phonescoop.com and the only thing that keeps coming to my mind is, "Well, it's about time." Lots of people have been wanting a 4G phone with a QWERTY keyboard. Now we have one, the only thing that would've made it perfect is if it were GSM capable. Regardless, this is a start.
0 Likes
Jax_Omen
It's just an Epic 4g with LTE instead of Sprint's crappy WiMax. Pretty sad that they're releasing a "new" phone from last year...
0 Likes
gerio
Man, you guys need some new fanboy blogs to read.

Have you seriously not heard about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime, or whatever they are gonna call it), about to be released on Verizon?

Geri O
0 Likes
cj2000

This may explain what Verizon was thinking....here are the benchmark results of many 26 popular smartphones to include the Galaxy II S and how they compare using four major benchmark software packages (Geekbench, SunSpider, BrowserMark, and GL Benchmark 2.1).

http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4s-cpu-clocked-at-800mhz-is-73-faster-than-iphone-4-twice-as-fast-a...

0 Likes
jrh4054

My sentiments exactly.  The S II is an awsome phone, and Big Red passed on it.  Why, why, why?

0 Likes
maryl
Novice

gerio wrote:
Man, you guys need some new fanboy blogs to read.

Have you seriously not heard about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime, or whatever they are gonna call it), about to be released on Verizon?

Geri O

No, I haven't. Any idea on when it will be released? As sorry as the software support is with Samsung, I love the displays on their phones. I don't want a Charge, and I waited for the Bionic, but I'm not impressed. It may be fast, but it's lacking that beautiful display. I have a Fascinate, maybe I shouldn't upgrade because I am apparently one of the few who haven't had any major problems with it. I phone 4S is not an option, in my opinion.

0 Likes
gerio
0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
+1 Geri O!

The next Nexus is on my short list for potentially new phones for when my upgrade comes along. As long as it comes to Verizon of course. The current rumors are certainly pointing that way. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
maryl
Novice

gerio wrote:
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/13/samsung-galaxy-nexus-pops-up-in-verizon-system-name-and-4g-lte-...

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/10/13/samsung-galaxy-nexus-rumor-roundup-latest-on-hardware-releas...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/13/samsung-galaxy-nexus-prime-hits-verizon-computers-its-4g/

There.

I have no idea what else I can do to combat the constant and silly handwringing over no Galaxy SII at Verizon.

Geri O

Thanks for the info, but I take issue with the way you delivered it. I would have rather you not answer at all, if you can't do so without a snarky attitude. There are plenty of members on this board who actually give helpful info without attitude. If you don't have anything good to say without attitude I'd rather you say nothing at all. Furthermore, I do not monitor this board 24/7 to be aware of all "the constant and silly handwringing" over no Galaxy S2 at Verizon

0 Likes