Samsung Stratsphere tether times out
rsprincess

Didn't have this problem until about 2 months ago. I use PDAnet and my tethering sessions on my PC will drop as soon as the screen times out. I used to be able to change some setting in the phone so this would not happen. Can't do it anymore cause the longest setting available now is 10 min. My service changed from 3G to 4G about the time this started. I have searched the internet, forums everything and cannot get a resolution. I believe an update from Verizon must of changed some previously available settings. Anyone know the answer please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Stratsphere tether times out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the confusion, rsprincess. The software Evan was asking for is referred to as the Build number. You can take a look at how to get that here: http://vz.to/18zIoju. But what you gave is great too. It's possible the setting you're looking for was in the 3rd party application you're using to tether your device. The longest screen timeout option for the Stratosphere is 10 minutes, and there's not an option to keep it on using the settings on the phone.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rsprincess,

Where there's a VZW related question, there's a VZW representative answer. First, which software are you currently running on your Stratosphere? And before this started happening, were you presented with an option beyond the 10 minute setting or was it just not available?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rsprincess

I'm not sure what you mean by what software I'm running. Fireware version is 2.3.6. Yes I was able before to tether for as long as I wanted. There was something somewhere on my settings that I could mark to not timeout while on the internet.

About 6+ months ago I had this same problem but found the setting to fix it. There is no setting available anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the confusion, rsprincess. The software Evan was asking for is referred to as the Build number. You can take a look at how to get that here: http://vz.to/18zIoju. But what you gave is great too. It's possible the setting you're looking for was in the 3rd party application you're using to tether your device. The longest screen timeout option for the Stratosphere is 10 minutes, and there's not an option to keep it on using the settings on the phone.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes