Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Samsung User Guide is available in every language except English.
JOHHOC41

Why is the SAMSUNG Use Guide for the phone: SAMSUNG-SM-J727V  NOT available in English,

and how do I make it available in English ?  Thank you !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Samsung User Guide is available in every language except English.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the user guide available under Settings > Help, or somewhere else?

An online guide is available here:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/UserGuides/samsun-galaxy-j7-v-ug.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the user guide available under Settings > Help, or somewhere else?

An online guide is available here:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/UserGuides/samsun-galaxy-j7-v-ug.pdf

0 Likes
StacyC35

Yes the user guide under settings on any Samsung phone that I know of the manual is not available in English.  I understand there is one available online, but shouldn't the one on your phone work also.  Samsung is NO help what so ever, was hoping someone here would be.

0 Likes
stef7

Terrible Samsung is no help, but it seems like it's a Samsung problem, not a Verizon one.

Anyway, so since the manual is available online, why not download it to the phone, and use one of the built-in apps to read it when you want to reference it?

This may not be as convenient as a "built-in" help app, but it should suffice as you master your device.

0 Likes
StacyC35

Yes it would be convenient for me, but I was trying to help my elderly father with his phone and was trying to show him where the user guide was.  I am also planning on emailing Samsung as I don't feel that I should have to download a user guide when it should be available on my phone.

JOHHOC41

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded the User Guide that you gave a link for. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year !

stef7

I would think they'd have a website where the file used by a "Help" application that comes with the device was translated in multiple languages.

If your dad is new to Android, yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve. A LOT of what is in the manual is probably of no real use to him anyway. But who knows.

Try to find a contact to get to their Engineering group. You're likely being handled by their customer support people, and they might not have all the information that is actually available.

I think you have the makings of a good recommendation. It should be the expectation that in every country a manufacturer sells a device, help is available in the native language where practical.

0 Likes
StacyC35

One would think so, but the only language it is NOT available in is English.  That makes no sense to me at all.  I have sent the email off to Samsung but nothing yet.

Thank you for your help with the link.

0 Likes