Saved, secured wifi connection issue with Droid Turbo
Juniper111984
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Turbo won't connect to the wifi I have at work.  After I enter the password for the network I get a saved, secured with WPA/WPA2 message but it never actually connects to the network.  My work IT suggested doing a factor reset which had no impact.  I haven't had a problem connecting to any other wifi networks.  I have no idea what to do now.

Labels (1)
Re: Saved, secured wifi connection issue with Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Juniper111984!

I'm sorry for any issues in connecting to the Wifi network at your employer. Though we don't have access to that other network, I'd still like to ask if you were able to connect to it before? What error message do you get? Are other employees able to access your work Wifi with no problem?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Juniper111984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I've never successfully connected to the network at my employer.  I don't get an actual error message, it will just say that it is connecting, then switch to the saved, secured with wpa/wpa2 message without ever showing a connected option.  I have the tell when wifi is available option turned on and my phone will recognize that the network is available and give me the pop up to connect, but it doesn't ever work.

The wifi strength doesn't make a difference either.  My coworkers all have different phone models (some are also verizon, some are also android) and don't have any issues connecting.  I've tried forcing it to connect and it goes through the same process, and I've also verified that I'm using the correct password. 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is frustrating Juniper111984 but we are here to help. Are you using a 3rd party connection. Have you spoken with your companies IT department about any security measures for using wifi? Do you have an issue with connecting to wifi at home or any other place outside of work?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @Vzwsupport

0 Likes
Juniper111984
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what you mean by a 3rd party connection.  The network I'm trying to connect to is a public wifi network at a hospital.  I had a couple of the IT staff look at the phone but they couldn't find anything in the settings that was able to enable my phone to connect.  As I mentioned above, I haven't had any problems connecting to any other wifi network I've tried. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information Juniper111984. If you have not had issues with connecting to any other wifi, its not your phone or our connection to the network that is causing the issue. The issue would be with your employers wifi connect to your phone. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Juniper111984
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called the Verizon customer support line and I find it very interesting that they gave me a different answer than you.  After checking with Motorola the technical support rep I was speaking with told me that this is a known issues with Droid Turbo and Moto X phones that other people are having.  He didn't have a fix for me but he didn't brush me off either.  I think in the future I'm going to continue calling for my customer support.

Juniper111984
Enthusiast - Level 2

If anyone else with the same issue is following this he also mentioned that Motorola is working on a software update for these phones.  He couldn't promise that it would fix this issue but at its something to watch for.

ro881239
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought a droid turbo (2015) and the same problem still exists.  Can connect to just about everything else but not my employer's wifi!!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your employer white list the allowed devices on their network with a MAC address filter?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes