Re: Saved, secured wifi connection issue with Droid Turbo
miller2444
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought my Droid Turbo and am having the same problem.  I have always been able to get onto my work's wifi and have no problems with any other wifi.

LH2007Oct
Enthusiast - Level 2

After much research (and no help from Verizon) there is an issue with this phone and older versions of Cisco routers.  If your company is willing and able to upgrade their entire structure to the new firmware (my won't for one person) then we just have to hope a fix is released with the next system updated.  My guess is if you ask your IT you are running that older Cisco router (which most companies are). 

MDB2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello.  I had same issue and drove me nuts.  It did it at work mostly but at times at home.  I do not know what causes it but maybe same fix I used will work for you.  Try to connect like normal.  Make sure you save username and password.  When it goes to the Saved prompt and moves to top of Wifi list but does not connect turn off phone.  Turn back on and it will connect.  I have no idea why but that works for me every single time.  Hope that works for you.  Thanks

0 Likes
ro881239
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks - tired that but it didn't work

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:45 AM, miller2444 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ooz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a turbo, and I'm running into the same issue. The phone connects to WiFi at home just fine, and my previous phone used to connect to work WiFi just fine as well. But the turbo just wouldn't connect to WiFi at work.

My work WiFi doesn't have a MAC filter applied. You just need a public password to connect to it that's it.

Verizon owes this to their customers. Since turbo is a Verizon exclusive, they need to put all their weight on Motorola to get this resolved ASAP. This is basic functionality of a smart phone, and can't have it this badly broken.

LH2007Oct
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ooz - I am hoping that the Lollipop update fixes the issue.  As I stated my company is not going to update their routers for one person.  For now I just turn data off during the day.  It sucks but I think this is Verizon's way of getting you to pay the overages.  I can't believe that this phone has been in market since Oct. and its a known problem and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Jman594

This isn't the solution. Just log in with your domain credentials thusly:

domain\username

There's a quirk in the supplicant. I have a thread explaining it better over at XDA-developers. Just Google search for 'droid turbo wireless issue (Cisco wlc)'.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
LH2007Oct
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks anything is worth a shot to try. 

0 Likes
DCG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.  Very frustrating

0 Likes
DCG5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with customer support.  They informed me the is no documented issue concerning the connection of this phone to WiFi.  I can only conclude that you are all imagining the problem.

0 Likes