Saved voice mail erased by Verizon. How do I recover?
Riderdad

I want my saved messages back! I pay Verizon for this service to store my personal messages. My uncle passed away in September, 2015. He left me a long heartfelt voice mail on his way to the hospital September 21st at 8:07pm. I listen to this frequently.

I bought a new phone last month which came with a visual voicemail app preinstalled. It claimed to be a free service. I went through the set up and was forced to try the premium version of the app which has a fee. Okay, no big deal, but I didn't want to pay as I was fine with regular voice mail, so at the end of the free 30 day trial it automatically wrote out all of my saved messages and I was required to set up a new voice mail.

I am very upset that I can no longer hear my uncle's voice and the last message he left me. I have had other issues with Verizon, but this hurts my heart. If there's anyway to get these back please, please, please let me know 😞

I had intended on downloading the audio to my phone, but a message appears and said if I did that it would be deleted of the server. I have had issues with the new phone so I didn't want to do that yet thinking it would be safer on server

I have read on this Verizon forum of someone else who list there dad's last messages. Please share this post with others so they don't lose messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Saved voice mail erased by Verizon. How do I recover?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Riderdad,

First and foremost, my condolences on the loss of your uncle. I know it’s always hard when we lose a loved one. My goal is to do everything we can to retrieve your removed voicemail messages. I’ve had a similar situation like this before too. You mentioned you switched to new device. What device did you have previously? What is the make and model of your new device?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Riderdad

Old phone was a Galaxy s3 that stopped working. Switch to my old iphone4 until black Friday and picked up the turbo 2. I'm now using the third turbo 2 sent to me from motto maker which has a dead spot on the screen. The fourth replacement should be here in a few days. The voice mails were still there when I switched phones until the 30 day trial ran out

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'm sorry for your loss.

I hate to break it to you but most likely nothing can be done. When you sign up for visual voice mail in the terms it does state that your previous voicemail box will be deleted. Even if you switch back to regular vm, it doesn't restore your old messages.

Sorry about that.

0 Likes
Riderdad

Old phone was a Galaxy s3 that stopped working. Switch to my old iphone4

until black Friday and picked up the turbo 2. I'm now using the third turbo

2 sent to me from motto maker which has a dead spot on the screen. The

fourth replacement should be here in a few days. The voice mails were still

there when I switched phones until the 30 day trial ran out

On Jan 5, 2016 2:23 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Riderdad wrote:

Old phone was a Galaxy s3 that stopped working. Switch to my old iphone4 until black Friday and picked up the turbo 2. I'm now using the third turbo 2 sent to me from motto maker which has a dead spot on the screen. The fourth replacement should be here in a few days. The voice mails were still there when I switched phones until the 30 day trial ran out

The voicemails were still there after switching from a Galaxy S3 to an iPhone and then to a Turbo2?

That is unusual because iPhones use Apple's own voicemail system and anything on Verizon's system will automatically be lost when signing up for voicemail on an iPhone.

Possibly this has changed?

In the future, you may want to use a platform/carrier independent VM system such as Google Voice. It is free and the voicemails will still be available if you switch phones or providers.

0 Likes
Riderdad

I didn't say up the voice mail on the iphone when I had it reconnected.

When I got the turbo all my saved messages where still there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Riderdad,

Thank you for the details. Our main goal is get your uncle’s voicemail back. Was the voicemail ever on your previous iPhone? You mentioned the voicemail successfully where on your Turbo2, correct?  Do you still have that device?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you ever backed up your iPhone through iTunes there should be a copy of it if it was in the voicemail section.

Might I suggest next time most VVM apps have a save to phone/SD card option

0 Likes
Riderdad

I have the iphone but if I open the voice mail it wants me to set it up. I

don't think the saved files were ever on the iphone. I do have that phone

though. The Galaxy is fried and won't turn on. That's why I got the turbo.

I sent the other turbos back to Motorola.

On Jan 5, 2016 3:04 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes