Scam call on coming on both our phones HELP- SAD regarding my husband that died
Firechiefsmom

About a week ago my daughter and I (on separate accounts) started getting a recorded message that someone needs to send my dead husband a fax! He has been gone for 8 years. We have the same numbers that we had for 15+ years. It is breaking my daughters heart...over and over daily. Is there anything we can do other than block them?  Blocking it shows we have a message waiting and have to listen to the fudging call. I am afraid to call the number and they realize they have a live person on the line. And no not a bill collector we owe no one. Help please with advice 😞

0 Likes
Re: Scam call on coming on both our phones HELP- SAD regarding my husband that died
bearone21
Legend

call the number.

0 Likes
Re: Scam call on coming on both our phones HELP- SAD regarding my husband that died
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it were me, since it could be a scam, I'd either not answer and then delete the voice mails without listening to them (and hope the calls eventually stop) or (more likely) I'd block the number via the My Verizon web site so that a voice mail couldn't be left.  If you go the block-via-the-web-site route, be sure to re-block the number every 90 days since blocks are only in effect for 90 days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your discontent and send my condolences to you and your family. Let's review your options. With Call Filter, you can screen incoming calls, auto-block spam and report any unwanted numbers. For details visit: http://spr.ly/6602EQkz8 . Does this help?

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes