Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
LadyEl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list as well.   Started on security and privacy app about 30 min ago.   I went into that app to try to report it and found Verizon OS ditching security and privacy in favor of something called digital secure.   I updated the app but it did nothing to stop the pop ups sing that my very secure home network is unsafe.   Only option at this point is to turn off wifi monitor until they release a patch

cinder1155
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly!!! Doesn’t appear that any Verizon reps are monitoring this site as no response to any of the comments. This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
Claudeed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine started this at about 11 pm eastern today (Sept 5). Verizon reps, I expect you'll have an explanation?  Why am I wasting my evening on this?

Thestateofnirvana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes add me to the list as well. Just started when I got home this evening. Great so some big hack at Verizon now too? Nothing is safe anymore. Probably the same stupid problem with other big name providers. Maybe just a government back door to eavesdrop on 60 million americans and collect data in them that had an error in self installing? Verizon has already been caught with their hands in the cookie jar

before..https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/06/05/nsas-verizon-spying-order...

Anyways my contract was up a while ago. Maybe time for me to switch to another network that is probably compromised too 😉

Lex872
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine started this about 8pm MDT. My husband has T-Mobile and he's not having an issue with the Wifi so what the deal Verizon?

Karechel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list too. Had a my Verizon update earlier and it started about 30 minutes ago.  Uninstalled all updates on that app and seems to be working. For now at least.

Dean529
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Feel better knowing I'm not alone. Seems to me like they're releasing some sort of mass warning to scare us into purchasing their protection plan. What a joke. 

kdearth

Mine too how do you get it to stop?

0 Likes
CryptoKnight
Enthusiast - Level 2

YOU CAN REMOVE IT!

Go to your MyVZW and log in. 

Go to your "Plan" and the drop down will show "Add-ons and Apps"

From here, you can go to the Secure Wifi (forgot what it's called) and remove it.

I ain't paying $3.99/month for them to mess up my phone.

0 Likes
Thestateofnirvana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey is anyone experiencing an outages? 🙄 they cant even proofread their sentences. I had to teach my phone to construct this sentence...

Screenshot_20190905-213331_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes