Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
bpedman

just had this pop up once tonight too, I happened to click disconnect (but didn't actually disconnect from my network) and it hasn't popped up again, maybe I'm lucky it hasn't kept popping up

0 Likes
ragostar1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list two.  This happened a couple of months ago.  I keep clicking don't notify me anymore and to trust the network but it keeps coming back. I really hate the bloatware that Verizon installs without permission....

ganko123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also getting this message now. I turned off wifi protection and the pop up still happens. and as someone else pointed out there is no way to add a trusted network via the app and the popup just has "trust for now" really annoying. please fix or provide a workaround please.

InlandSurfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I just found a TEMPORARY fix on my beautiful wife's phone.  I went to Settings, Apps, Facebook, and force stopped Facebook.  That stopped the message (for now).  I cleared cache for Facebook, and then waited 5 minutes and no message.  Opened Facebook and ... message started popping up.  Seems to be an issue between Verizon OS and Faceboo.  BTW, wife's phone (one with the problem) is a Verizon Galaxy S9+.  I have a Verizon Galaxy S10+ and have not had this problem yet.  Let me know if this works for anyone else.

heavenlydaze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I FIXED IT! My Galaxy Note8 started doing it tonight. Wouldn't stop. I went to 'settings', 'Apps', Security & Privacy' and  disabled the app, which reverted it to the last version. I also went into the wifi settings and deleted all of the networks except my home network. It's been an hour and I've been on facebook, email, etsy and ebay and it hasn't happened again (it was happening about every two minutes) Crossing my fingers. I think this happened with the upgrade yesterday. Verizon, you've got problems, and I mean TECH problems. The techs are telling people it's their routers, but that's wrong. This warning popped up in three different places tonight, using three different providers. Educate your techs. This is OBVIOUSLY a problem that happend with yesterday's system update. My third grade granddaughter figured THAT out but your tech couldn't?? Pathetic.

ganko123
Enthusiast - Level 2

just tried it and didn't work for me. still got another pop up after I force quit Facebook.

0 Likes
lecilgab
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a NON-ISP issue so I didn’t bother to reconfigure my router. Why? I tried connecting to same WiFi using an iPhone that did not have the Security & Privacy app and it did not give me the same message and I was able to connect with no problems. 

1. When I updated my Samsung phone, this Security Privacy app came with it so no, I cannot uninstall it

2 BUT, I went to my apps under settings and  hit “disablle” or you can also tap “force stop” ( I didn’t)  and so far, it solved the problem. 

Swood2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the fix on my Samsung note 8. Go to settings, scroll down to apps, scroll down to security and privacy and select the app. App info screen appears. Select for e stop. Answer yes to the warning screen. Then select disable. Answer yes to the warning screen. You should get a prompt to replace this app with the factory version. Select yes. Once the factory version is installed, enable the app. No more annoying popup messages. 

Facehugger
Enthusiast - Level 1

This just started popping up for me too. So I went in to apps and disabled it which rolled it back to the factory version and my avast immediately flagged it as Malware... Screenshot_20190905-214247_Avast Mobile Security.jpg

CryptoKnight
Enthusiast - Level 2

#$@@%ing didn't solve the problem.

0 Likes