Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
Oring03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I figured it out.  Go into your phone settings and then go to Apps.

Go down to Security & Privacy and click on it

Clear cache; Force stop and then disable it and if the icon is on your phone don't

click it because you will activate it. It has nothing to do with who you get your internet from it's

a verizon  Security &  Privacy app that showed up after I updated my phone this last time. It worked 

because I stopped getting that pop-up.

Deftoned666

Just did the same and noticed I had two  S&P apps installed on my phone with 9ne having the permission to make system changes. Switched it off, force stopped, and turned off notifications. 

0 Likes
Rovl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

This message popped up for the first time for me today at home and I'm connecting to my private Wi-Fi secure network. Last night, 9/4, I downloaded and installed the latest Verizon software update for my Galaxy S10.

And I agree with Wayne that the "Manage Wi-Fi Networks" does not offer any options for "Allowed networks". 

It seems the only way to get rid of the annoying warning message is to uninstall the Verizon Safely application from my phone.

Thanks,

Vlado

MarkBam
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife's phone started getting this today, then about 2 hours later, mine started doing it. It won't stop. Even after checking to remember this choice for this connection. Something to that extent? But I keep getting it anyway.  Very irritating! Please make it stop.

Tags (1)
Pmr123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having been using my new phone on my home network for about a month without a problem and suddenly I am encountering the issue described above. My wifi is fios. Is the wifi compromised all of a sudden or is their a glitch in the safety and security app? 

Joit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Didn't work for me... I forced stop on both Facebook apps., but don't know how to clear cache on FB

0 Likes
kcav8or
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also started experiencing this tonight, a day after a system update. The message is useless. It provides no information on the specifics of the problem. Verizon, you need to fix this. This is the sort of annoyance that makes loyal customers get fed up and change carriers! 

TIMSCH49
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it helps Verizon, my wife and I both have a moto g6. I accepted the update and now get the pop-up everyone on this thread is referring to. My wife did not accept the update and she is not getting the pop-up. Please fix this fast.

Joit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think that worked! Haven't had a pop up for 5 minutes!! Was getting them every minute or so. Hope it's not bad to have that disabled?

hampton1002
Enthusiast - Level 1
This worked great!! Thank you.
0 Likes