Security/ virus scan
Loriwojc03
Enthusiast - Level 1

What security do you use and to scan phone for viruses?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Security/ virus scan
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I use Lookout Mobile Security. I have used Avast, AVG, Webroot, Norton, Mcaffee and some others. They all seemed to work pretty much the same but some used more resources then others.  The least intrusive in my opinion (in order) are Lookout, Webroot, Avast, AVG, Mcaffee, Norton, but really any of these will do the job and keep you protected.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are multiple apps out there.  I have tried Lookout, AVG and McAfee to name a few.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

MalwareBytes. Just on the one-off (bi-yearly) check. No need to have real time monitoring running unless you sideload applications all the time.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

none

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use Avast.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

SusyQ is there a Paid Version of this APP & do you it?  Thanks.. B

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a paid (premium) version, however I use the free version on all my devices. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K thanks appreciate the reply have a Great Memorial Day.. B

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I use Lookout Mobile Security. I have used Avast, AVG, Webroot, Norton, Mcaffee and some others. They all seemed to work pretty much the same but some used more resources then others.  The least intrusive in my opinion (in order) are Lookout, Webroot, Avast, AVG, Mcaffee, Norton, but really any of these will do the job and keep you protected.