Self-signed certificates for Microsoft Exchange Activesync
JCW99

Since the install of Android 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 on our LG3, LG2, and HTC One phones, we can no longer connect to our Exchange server to retrieve e-mail.

Since this is a non-public network and only required for our users, a self-signed certificate has worked fine to complete the SSL connection.

Is anyone else using self-signed certs and have you noticed this also? Can a roll-back be performed on these phones?

The HTC One device for example gets to the point where I am able to choose 'TRUST', but it just keeps prompting me for the same thing over and over.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Self-signed certificates for Microsoft Exchange Activesync
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand how important it is to be able access e-mails and want to see your concerns alleviated. May I ask if the e-mail was set up via manual set up on the devices? When setting up are you enabling the secure connection ( SSL ) ?  ( when enabled there is a check mark ) The software versions are unable to be moved back to previous versions of software.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes