Set center panel as default
jlphone
Contributor - Level 1

After turning on my Moto E4 I would like it to go directly to the center panel.

The Home button goes to the center panel.

Currently it goes to the left panel.

Is there any way to change the default?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Set center panel as default
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jIphone

That's a good question. I know that I like my phone to be set up just right the way I like it. I have reviewed the user manual for the Motorola Moto e4 device. I was unable to locate an option for the settings in the display to be changed outside of adding additional widgets. I would advise if you were still interested in making changes in the setting, please contact Motorola directly at http://spr.ly/6583DnljZ .

They may additional information.   

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlphone
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks.

I will think about it.

0 Likes
KL-VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I understand the problem, your particular model phone may default to turning on to the left screen.  I've never seen one do that.  Try this:

1-Pick one of the three screens that has some blank space. 

2-Touch and hold the blank area.

3-The screen should shrink slightly and a home icon will appear at the top of each panel.

4-Swipe left or right to the preferred panel.

5-Tap the Home icon at the top of that panel.

6-It should become highlighted to show this is your new home screen.

7-Hit the back button at the bottom to exit.  It may eventually time out, but I'm not patient enough to wait long enough to find out.

0 Likes
jlphone
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for trying to help.

No Home icon appears above any of the panels.

My Home panel is the left panel.

I want that panel to be in the center. I want to be able start the phone and have it go to the Home panel which would be in the center.

Reasoning. You have three panels the center should be Home and the all you have to do swipe either left or right once to access one or the other.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The version of the OS might have the default home screen on the left screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlphone
Contributor - Level 1

Android 7.1.1 Nougat

Moto E4 Prepaid

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jlphone wrote:

Android 7.1.1 Nougat

Moto E4 Prepaid

Yep, that OS version has the default home screen on the left. The swipe to the left opens the Google Assistant stream view. You add new screens on the right.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes